By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Prototype (Alex Mercer) vs. inFAMOUS (Cole McGrath)

So I have been reading some theads about wich is the best game to get but a was wondering who will win in a fight Alex or Cole so give your opinion in who would win in this "superhero" encounter.  

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

Well at full power they'd probably just both Uber kill each other.

Outside of uber kills it really depends on if any of Alex's armor can deflect lightning.  He does seem like he can take a hit better but then again most of his attacks are up close too.

Really depends on what mode Alex uses.... if he uses his faster modes or an armor that can stop lighning if he has one... he wins... a regular or "big guy" mode and Cole wins.

I think alex would win cause he have armor and is faster but none less it will be a epic fight.

Alex Mercer would win in the fashion department! Not so sure about a 1 on 1 fight as I don't know much about Cole.

I think the Masterchief would win... Oh wait this is actually an interesting vs thread... In that case, I would give it to Cole. High density, just conducts electricity better and electricity does terrible things to a complicated nervous system which Alex definately has to control all those different forms. I would say in this case, Cole is more than a match - or actually a really good counter to Alex.

Tease.

Around the Network

The protagonist. Alex has the ability to modify his genetic code on the fly to produce amazing powers of attack, defense, and perception. He can also easily perform superhuman feats of strength, endurance, speed and agility. Alex was an employee at GENTEK before the "incident" which took place 3 weeks before the start of the game.

Cole MacGrath, a bike messenger given an assignment to deliver a package that is secretly a bomb. Cole survives the massive explosion and develops electricity-based powers. Soon, Cole discovers that his city has fallen into chaos under the rule of gangs and factions and must fight back against them to restore order.

Source wiki

Alex Mercer would probably be the easy victor, because lets face it the character is in god mode. He has more weapons at his disposal, and while you might love electricity as a power it has its fundamental flaws. It is nearly useless against non conductive materials, and there are always the issues with grounding. Basically Alex Mercer has too many tools at his advantage.

The real problem is the environment. Both exist within cities, and cities are filled with a lot of this thing called masonry, and it doesn't conduct electricity, or respond in a meaningful way. What does Cole do when one ton pieces of masonry are getting slung at him over and over again. The answer is there isn't much for him to do. How would he deal with an enemy that will just climb a building, and hurl its facade down at him.

Mind you I really do not like god mode super heroes. The best ones are limited to finding unique ways to use a specific ability and are not able to soak up enormous amounts of damage. Those seem silly, but if your asking a hypothetical. A god like hero will always destroy the mere mortal. Even in the likes of comics the mere mortal needs to find some clever way to overcome the force that is unstoppable.

Dodece said:
Alex Mercer would probably be the easy victor, because lets face it the character is in god mode. He has more weapons at his disposal, and while you might love electricity as a power it has its fundamental flaws. It is nearly useless against non conductive materials, and there are always the issues with grounding. Basically Alex Mercer has too many tools at his advantage.

The real problem is the environment. Both exist within cities, and cities are filled with a lot of this thing called masonry, and it doesn't conduct electricity, or respond in a meaningful way. What does Cole do when one ton pieces of masonry are getting slung at him over and over again. The answer is there isn't much for him to do. How would he deal with an enemy that will just climb a building, and hurl its facade down at him.

Mind you I really do not like god mode super heroes. The best ones are limited to finding unique ways to use a specific ability and are not able to soak up enormous amounts of damage. Those seem silly, but if your asking a hypothetical. A god like hero will always destroy the mere mortal. Even in the likes of comics the mere mortal needs to find some clever way to overcome the force that is unstoppable.

This  :)

Alex Mercer would probably win not hands down it would be a close fight. But all Alex has to do if cole gets him to near death is go into adrenaline rush which makes him become next to invincible then use the devastator attack. What happens during this is Tons of razor sharp tentacles come flying at cole and turn him into a shicabob

immafirinmahlazar said:

Alex Mercer would probably win not hands down it would be a close fight. But all Alex has to do if cole gets him to near death is go into adrenaline rush which makes him become next to invincible then use the devastator attack. What happens during this is Tons of razor sharp tentacles come flying at cole and turn him into a shicabob

No it would be easy... All Alex would need to do is pick up a chain link fence and walk towards Cole.