By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square-Enix & Intelligent Systems Team Up

This means we may see good but not great IS games, or much improved SE games (luin) since SE is a fail developer.(I added that)

Thats right luin I stole it and added my own opinion!

SE is fail so hope IS can give em some help. Once SE touches anything IS works on though.....hope IS can keep it playable with their awesomeness.

Around the Network

As long as IS take care of the QA stuff then this should be good. XD

Seriuosly though, if this combination doesn't deliver then...I stop believing in God.

Fire Emblem with a Final Fantasy budget?

Well all right I'll buy that.

No Cloud Strife in my Fire Emblem/Paper Mario/Advance Wars please, kthxbai. If you insist on crossovers, please let it be a DQ/PM or Mana/FE or CT/FE or FFT/FW

In all seriousness though, six titles? even if they are only DSiware i'm still hyped to see what these two can produce together. Dragon Quest Wars already has me intrigued.

EDIT:

Oh yes. SE can do the story.

Make it happen, Nintendo! :3
NEVER! Get your angsty, stupid, typical RPG stories AWAY from my Mario games! The day Mario gets an angsty, miserable storyline is the day i go on a killing spree.

How technical is your game?

Soriku said:
IxisNaugus said:

No Cloud Strife in my Fire Emblem/Paper Mario/Advance Wars please, kthxbai. If you insist on crossovers, please let it be a DQ/PM or Mana/FE or CT/FE or FFT/FW

In all seriousness though, six titles? even if they are only DSiware i'm still hyped to see what these two can produce together. Dragon Quest Wars already has me intrigued.

EDIT:

NEVER! Get your angsty, stupid, typical RPG stories AWAY from my Mario games! The day Mario gets an angsty, miserable storyline is the day i go on a killing spree.

I guess you haven't heard of Super Mario RPG.

Have you ever played SMRPG?

Around the Network

Are you sure it's just IS? I thought the deal was Nintendo and Square Enix in general.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Valkyria00 said:
Soriku said:
IxisNaugus said:

EDIT:

I guess you haven't heard of Super Mario RPG.

Have you ever played SMRPG?

Nope. The cartridge wasn't released in EU so i missed out, and i dont download VC since i love cartridges (wiiware is different). How is that game btw, i hear nothing but good. I know the story has something to do with some dodgy talking sword (smithy was his name?) penetrating itself into Bowser's castle but not much else. Don't tell me its miserable/angsty, I've had quite enough of that.

How technical is your game?

IxisNaugus said:

Nope. The cartridge wasn't released in EU so i missed out, and i dont download VC since i love cartridges (wiiware is different). How is that game btw, i hear nothing but good. I know the story has something to do with some dodgy talking sword (smithy was his name?) penetrating itself into Bowser's castle but not much else. Don't tell me its miserable/angsty, I've had quite enough of that.

It's pure Mario, don't worry about it. Nobody angsts up Nintendo games. Hell, the guy who wrote the scenario for Brawl was actually the guy behind FF7.

But no, Square-Enix should not be behind this writing unless they put the Quest team on it (that being the guys who did Ogre Battle). Outside of that crew, Intelligent Systems are generally better at making stories, Soriku.

Err the question was aimed at Soriku not you dude

Soriku is Paper Mario the only IS series you've played?