By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How About A Bonus Character For Each Wii Peripheral?

saicho said:
maybe as an alternative, the extra character can be an unlockable one for players who do not have the peripheral but available to the players with the peripheral right from the start.

This wouldn't work. The whole point isn't that the character is a bonus for periphiral users, it's that you need the periphrial to control that character's abilities. It's a way of supporting a periphrial without making it mandatory.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
Around the Network

What if they don't use the Motion Plus functionality, but just give anyone who uses a WM+ controller the extra character?

I would like that. Rather than bad, tagged on WM+ capabilities.

MazeMe said:
What if they don't use the Motion Plus functionality, but just give anyone who uses a WM+ controller the extra character?

Your ability to condence the idea of the interview into a single sentence while presenting it like an original thought is uncanny.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

That's an awesome idea (seriously, people are complaining about having games give the option to support Motion Plus controls in otherwise traditionally controlled games through additional characters?) But I suspect it would be much more difficult to implement in practice.

Adding an extra character who controls through motion plus input is one thing, but reprograming the entire game to have enemies respond to the new M+ controlled fighter would take a lot more work.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Vectorferret said:
saicho said:
maybe as an alternative, the extra character can be an unlockable one for players who do not have the peripheral but available to the players with the peripheral right from the start.

This wouldn't work. The whole point isn't that the character is a bonus for periphiral users, it's that you need the periphrial to control that character's abilities. It's a way of supporting a periphrial without making it mandatory.

the unlocked character would just have the regular control.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
MazeMe said:

Your ability to condence the idea of the interview into a single sentence while presenting it like an original thought is uncanny.

Lol

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

saicho said:
Vectorferret said:
saicho said:

the unlocked character would just have the regular control.

If it's possible to use the unlocked character with regular control then there is no point in having them as a bonus for the extra controller.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

@onyxmeth
lol

@vector
yeah. on top of that, it feels like a trend like this would inspire devs to selectively prohibit certain characters from the get go rather than actually add a new character.

The only game that should ever use this kind of approach is monster rancher which has virtually unlimited characters to unlock.