By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Update

So, I have not turned my Wii on in 6 months (not even plugged in).

I am getting EA Active tomorrow, so I am downloading the system update. Anything cool about it I should know about?

Around the Network

SD card support, u can now play your VC and WiiWare games directly from the SD card.

Better support for SD cards. You can have up to 32GB cards if I remember it right.

Majora's Mask on the Virtual Console.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

You can still find out the weather in Africa.

Around the Network

Cool. Thanks everyone.

Oh, and it's 63 in Nairobi, Kenya right now.

Well, there goes your possibility to get homebrew (without having a mod inside your wii) for now, but that's the only bad thing about the update. If your not interested in homebrew everything is alright

I haven't still downloaded the latest update, because I still the choice to play some games region-free.

fmc83 said:

Well, there goes your possibility to get homebrew (without having a mod inside your wii) for now, but that's the only bad thing about the update. If your not interested in homebrew everything is alright

I haven't still downloaded the latest update, because I still the choice to play some games region-free.

I started up on WoW with WotLK came out. Stopped playing it a month or two ago. I have been burnt out on games of late. I have a PS3, 360, Wii, and high end gaming rig.

I got Vegas 2 the other day because it was 5 bucks at Target, but not interested in paying it. I have not played a game on my consoles for 6 months (any of them). The PS3 gets turned on often for the BD player, but that's about it.

So, not really gona miss the homebrew. I wish something would come along that got me pumped. I need a good old school RPG or something.

SD Read/Write speeds are massively improved, too.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.