By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit making Wii Haters scared (ie. fake review)

i care because i want this game to succeed. Don't you think its a little convenient that the one huge core title for Wii, hyped beyond belief, is the one he decides to make a joke of?

You can't possibly think that he was legitimate in his intentions. No one who doesn't already have some degree of spite for the Wii would do this and choose to specifically aim for this game. Where there's smoke....

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
i care because i want this game to succeed. Don't you think its a little convenient that the one huge core title for Wii, hyped beyond belief, is the one he decides to make a joke of?

You can't possibly think that he was legitimate in his intentions. No one who doesn't already have some degree of spite for the Wii would do this and choose to specifically aim for this game. Where there's smoke....

This is what's known as the "No true Scotsman" fallacy. You're assuming motives based on generalization. It doesn't work that way.

And made a joke of the reviews and people who don't read the, not the game. The game was merely the subject.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

^ merely one of the most important "subjects" for the year on a system that is in dire need of any support for core titles. merely the subject implies that the score alone, and its repercussions will not affect sales/interest in the game next month.

I think that's wrong and i think news of the low score spread faster than news saying it was fake.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

waaaaaaah somebody on the internet said something mean about a game i like waaaaaaaaaaaah

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

i can't believe im getting sh--- for defending the game. It was a fake review, but a joke, for a game that people are taking very seriously, its quite simple.

Im sure HVS would see the amusing nature of faking an official nintendo magazine review that spreads like wildfire.

Around the Network

Scared of what? The game doesn't come close to the best shooters on the PS3 and 360.

The idiot aside...

Seriously, it was amazing how people jumped up to declare "flop of the year" when this fake review popped up. I don't believe the writer was spiteful, maybe he is trying to highlight people's overdependence on final numbers. I know i at least try a game before passing off ultimate judgment

How technical is your game?

The fact that someone would take the time to write a fake review like that is just plain sad. Probably just a nerdy fanboy who has no friends, no life and is good with Indesign.

Just goes to shows you how threatened some people are at the thought of a great FPS game on Wii.

Scared of what? A generic fps? I don't think so, I keep hearing that hd-consoles have a lot of them! :O

Esa-Petteri said:
Scared of what? A generic fps? I don't think so, I keep hearing that hd-consoles have a lot of them! :O

If not fear is what? Why slander the poor game that looks like a great game in the wii?

Words Of Wisdom said:
hsrob said:

"Yes, it's a fake. Hopefully we all know that now.

Why did I do it? Take it as a valuable lesson.

It took hours before somebody caught on; most people just looked at the score and moved on. People only really took notice after somebody else mentioned that there were errors (which, by the way, were intentional...I'll get to that later).

So what's my point? I'm stressing the importance of the review itself, rather than the score. Editors write the review for a reason: You're meant to read it.

People put way too much emphasis on scores these days. Most just ignore the content within the review altogether (Proof? Just look at how many people fell for it).

Many cried "flop confirmed!" or "fail!" without even reading the review, as if ONE REVIEW is the be-all and end-all of how a game will turn out.

If you actually took the time to read and analyze the review, you would see that there were mistakes all over the place. Pictures that were months old, spelling and grammatical errors, incorrect information. I even put a hidden message somewhere in there (which I believe is yet to be discovered). Anyone who actually took the time to READ the review could easily catch them.

So if you embarrassed yourself earlier by falling for it, hopefully you will learn something from this. And if you didn't get a chance to read the review, but you know that you often find yourself only looking at the scores, maybe it's time you take a step back and realize that there's more to a review than the number next to it.

Apparently, this "review" spread across the internet like wildfire. I don't have accounts at any other websites, so if anybody wants to copy-paste this somewhere else, please feel free.

And remember, games are meant to be played. Let's just enjoy them.

Have a great day!
" (gamespot user: greyfox02)

So far I think I'm the only person in this thread besides hsrob who has read this.

It would be nice if the people posting after this post would take the time to read it as well.

I read this too. But it's reception can have 2 sides, one is some people will find it very informative and the other one is... Well, like megaman79's responses saying the guys covering up his dirty deeds with witty excuses... Me, I really don't care. It just made me want to buy the game even more! :p

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!