By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Would YOU Have Made the Video Game Movies/Adaptations?

You can skip my input. Just tell us how you would have handled a video game franchise that was already made into a movie, or one that hasn't been done yet. But be specific, and don't just say "This game should be a movie". Exactly how would you do it? How will you fit hours of gameplay in a movie? Why do you think Metal Gear Solid's story will be doable?

============================

Instead of starting off cliche with God of War, I would go with Hitman: Blood Money, which has already been tried and failed. I would start off, not with a movie, but a pilot episode, and hopefully a tv show.

I'll use Blood Money, because of how thematic it was and how each mission is really just its own story. The pilot episode will be the Curtains Down mission, just because of how awesome it was. I'll post a video, but I couldn't find one that was close to what I envisioned the episode as (mainly because they all want to show how to get a SA or a speed run, and not a cinematic assassination). This video was the best, and the guy was going for his favorite way to kill (as I do too when I play the game), but it's still kinda long due to him trying to get his suit while assassinating:

I love this mission because when I researched the opera music going on in the level, Tosca, I found out how that scene was about a guy (I didn't research that much, lol) planning to fake an execution, getting actually killed, and his horrified girl friend (who was in on the original plan) commiting suicide. And I loved how the game makers twisted the level in that same direction to make it ironic =D

The changes, without going into detail will be that I'll do what the game makers want you to do, which is to switch the fake WWI pistol with a real one, but not revealed the fact until the execution scene (in a quick flashback scene). Where Agent 47 would have been looking at the stage through his scope (making you think he was going to shoot the guy). It will only be until the boyfriend Senator gets to the corpse to lament, will 47 thematicly, with the bright stage light in front/behind him, opera music still going on for the suicide scene, will 47 shoot the senator in the head, the 2 gay lovers in a peaceful embrace, and proceeed to blow up the chandelere, creating confusion, darkness, and pretty sparks in the theatre before smoothly stepping out of there.

Edit: I would also have time the beginning of that video where 47 sedates the guy with the opera music.

If the tv show is succesful, then I'll release a movie based on the first game, explaining 47's origins, and going more in depth to the question and theme of whether or not 47 is human or not (as he's a clone who seems amoral).

Around the Network

I'd make Tetris the movie.

It would feature an L-block struggling to do her best to survive in a O-block's world.  She would spend her days working with kind and encouraging T-Block and a frivolous and gossipy Z-Block.   She would enjoy the good times and endure the bad times but even in the darkest of hours when the speed is highest, the high score is on the line, and all seems grim, she would appear to deliver an award-winning three row sensation.  It would end with the realization that when the going gets tough, that everyone needs to pitch in and come together as a team.  And maybe, just maybe, our little L-Block would find true love along the way.

I see the theme song being similar to this one:

Words Of Wisdom said:

I'd make Tetris the movie.

It would feature an L-block struggling to do her best to survive in a O-block's world.  She would spend her days working with kind and encouraging T-Block and a frivolous and gossipy Z-Block.   She would enjoy the good times and endure the bad times but even in the darkest of hours when the speed is highest, the high score is on the line, and all seems grim, she would appear to deliver an award-winning three row sensation.  It would end with the realization that when the going gets tough, that everyone needs to pitch in and come together as a team.  And maybe, just maybe, our little L-Block would find true love along the way.

I see the theme song being similar to this one:

Thanks for ruining any chance of this thread being serious =/

I guess that you should see beyiond the main plot and analyze what works and not on the big screen AND hiring a competent filmmaker...preferably a non gamer..because that way he could focus more in the movie medium and less in the game world.

For example, I always thought that Silent Hill atmosphere, pace and symbolism would be better translated to the screen by David Lynch. His movies had that onyric simbolism and scary mood that could have made the movie great. Take a look at this clips for example:

Add the SH mytos, characters and story and it would have been a great movie.