By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict E3 - Earth-shatteringly Awesome or Mind-numbingly Boring?

What do you think E3 will be like, now that it's ramping up to its old technicolor Dolby-surround booth-babe self again?

On a 1 to 10 scale - 1 being Nintendo's presser last year (Yawn.)  and 10 being "My head just exploded form the surprises and awesomeness", what do you think overall and why?  Rate on level of SURPRISES - not necessarily whether you'll like the surprises.

I'm going to say an 7.5-8 on the surprise scale overall.   I think we're going to get back to the days where there were some surprises.  They've been holding out on us the past 6 months.

I think MS in particular has told us nothing for a year and that they WILL have to have something big to shake things up.  We really know very little about anything coming for 360.  All the sites and podcasts have hinted at things in the works for MS.  Whether or not they are any good remain to be seen.  (Please NOT motion control.  Please?)  Surprise meter - 9

I think PS3 will have the least new stuff to show - they've been pimping the future with FFXIII and GT5 etc etc for a long time, trying to gain traction in the market without price-dropping.  Relying on future products is going to catch up to them this time, I think.  A new PSP or small price drop would surprise no one. I just can't see what they are going to tell us that will blow us a way - unless the games that they HAVE mentioned are mind-blowing beyond what we've seen so far.  I really want to think that something huge will pop up, but I just can't think of what it would be.  Very cool stuff - but not surprising stuff - from Sony, i think.  Surprise meter - 5

I think Nintendo's going to be in the middle. They HAVE to make up for last year's non-gamer abomination, and they will with some new Zelda or Mario or something on Wii.  And I think we're going to see some cool new stuff for the DSi.  However, I think we know a lot of their big stuff too - lots of Wii Motion and Wii Sports 2 and the like, as well as having just dropped Pokemon and DSi.  Surprise meter - 7.5

I think I will LIKE the Sony stuff the best - I just don't think it's going to be too shocking in nature.  Thoughts?

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

damn this hype meter, 10 bcoz Nintendo are going to give the public a show to remember.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Remember.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

megaman79 said:
damn this hype meter, 10 bcoz Nintendo are going to give the public a show to remember.

If it's as boring and as lacklusture as last years, or even worse, then yeah it will be the show to remember but for the wrong reasons....just saying cuz one never knows.

PS3= 8-10 - E3 will be the starting path to pathing SONY a brightter future, and if TRICO, PSP GO, and Kojima exclusive are all there 10 hands down, 8 is the lowest.

360= 7 - THEY WILL FALCON PUNCH SONY AND FANS AT LEAST 1 TIME!!!

WII= Varied - it depends on who Nintendo's audience is, if ANY CLASSIC FRANCHISE SHOWS UP 10