By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Farcry 2 or EndWar - Which one should I buy?

Futureshop flyer just came and these titles are on sale for $19.99 each on both PS3 and 360. Now i know there 2 different genres but as an opinion, which one should i get?  

I'm new to shooters but i'm getting better at them, and i don't mind strategy games but i suck at them! lol  which is the better of the 2?  Thoughts? 

Around the Network

Far cry 2 is an excellent game to play often (like a hour a day) it gets a little boring if you play it in a long playthrough (can't say much about End War).

is far cry 2 a good game?

Ari_Gold said:
is far cry 2 a good game?

That's what i am trying to find out lol 

I personally found Far Cry 2 to be utterly boring. After about 5 hours into the game it starts to feel very repetetive. The fact is that all missions in the game is go to point A, shoot everything there, go to point B (shoot everything there).

I think the biggest problem I had with it was that if it moves, you should shoot it. If you cannot shoot it (i.e your weapon has been taken from you or your character has holstered it), it's friendly.

It's an FPS, but it does not go outside of the standard FPS frame at all. It offers nothing new, nothing provocative and it keeps to what it is with rigour. I would have enjoyed something more than walk-drive-shoot.

Never played Endwar, so I cannot speak for that game.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

Farcry 2 is one of the most boring games to come out.. ever !.. It's repetitive, has a lack of story elements, progress or any kind of advancement.... the game flat out sucks.

Check out my game about moles ^