By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breaking! Donnie Darko As Prince Of Persia!

'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' Movie Footage

Posted by Jake Gaskill - Monday, May 11, 2009 11:22 AM

I’m genuinely intrigued by the film adaptation of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. And I’m not just saying that because Jake  Gyllenhaal’s abs are holding a gun to my head right now (They really are!). It has a solid cast, a great director in Mike Newell, and based on the brief bits of action on display in the above clip, posted over at Seanbajuice, it seems to have a David Lean-ish sense of practical size and scope (Just take a gander at those living, breathing crowds!).

Hopefully, the special effects have a similarly grounded feel, or at least as grounded as time manipulation can be in an Arabian desert setting. The film is still a year out, but it looks like it’s shaping into one very classy videogame adaption. Here’s hoping it can achieve that rarest of videogame movie feats: being a good movie in its own right.

What mystical visions do you have for the Sands of Time flick?

Around the Network

Video game movies suck, (except for Silent Hill, which rox)!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

^ and Mortal Kombat

It's old news

The footage is not

Around the Network

cool

Isn't this the same guy in The Day After Tomorrow?

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Kaixes said:
Isn't this the same guy in The Day After Tomorrow?

that's correct

Already been posted

axumblade said:

I had an interesting mental image about Prince getting hit by a jet engine.

lol