By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Japanese Publishers more into EXCLUSIVES?

Konami - Metal Gear Solid, has for the most part, always been a PlayStation exclusive. I know they put the offshoots on other systems, but the MAIN MGS games have always been Sony PS exclusive. Tecmo - Ninja Gaiden (for a long time was exclusive), and now Quantum Theory will be exclusive Square Enix - Up until this generation, their games were mainly exclusives. SEGA - I guess theyre staying old school by remaining exclusive. Sonic, Mad World, Yakuza, Conduit, House of the Dead, etc... They seem to prefer staying exclusive with most of their games. I wonder if they do this by choice, or if they're even being paid to stay exclusive with some games? I don't see why Mad World and Conduit aren't going to be on any other systems. Namco Bandai - Again, much like Square Enix, were always exclusive up until this gen. Ridge Racer, Star Ocean, Katamari, and a couple others are still exclusive...but their big games (Tekken and Soul Calibre) are now multiplat.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

Sonic is exclusive to what console?

why are my posts showing up like that all of a sudden!??!!!

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

infamous8 said:
why are my posts showing up like that all of a sudden!??!!!

Do you space them?

Soriku said:
Conduit and MadWorld are exclusive because they're utilized for the Wii. You can't emulate them on the HD consoles well with their motion control support. And in HVS's case they can't risk making an HD game (not to mention there'd be better FPS on them anyway. There aren't many FPS on the Wii).

Come E3 this will all change.

Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:
Soriku said:
Conduit and MadWorld are exclusive because they're utilized for the Wii. You can't emulate them on the HD consoles well with their motion control support. And in HVS's case they can't risk making an HD game (not to mention there'd be better FPS on them anyway. There aren't many FPS on the Wii).

Good point. Im looking foward to playing KillZone2 with the motion controller

Soriku said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Soriku said:

Don't see the point in completely giving games like Conduit or MadWorld makeovers on the HD consoles for something most people won't own, or may not even want to buy.

Thats more like it.