By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple looking to buy EA?

Apple looking to buy EA!?!?

This would be one of the biggest moves in Apple history if true. I can’t even picture this, and Michael Pachter feels the same way stating.

“To say that it is idiotic would be an insult to all idiots,” stated by Michael Pachter.

Or would it? On a few of our Podcast we have talk about Apple having a game system. Who’s to say there gaming system has to be hardcore like the PS3 or 360, what if its on the same level as the Wii (Without the motion controls).

What if they upgrade Apple TV to allow you to play games as well? All you would do is download games from the App Store and play the games through Apple TV. That’s the same thing you can do now, only its Movies, TV Shows, Music and Photo’s.

But where does EA play a role in this?

EA’s role would be Apple’s first party studio, and that would be HUGE.

But just like everything else this is a rumor until confirmed.

One thing we do know is Apple’s up to something, they just got one of Xbox Executives Richard Teversham, they also picked up Bob Drebin the guy who designed the GameCube’s graphics card.

So something is about to go down, but what?

I always thaught that Apple were making a gaming system. Weve seen the iphone which is very successful. Could this be true?

DISCUSSSSSSS!!!

Around the Network

It has been discussed fully in this thread: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=71321&page=1

sabby_e17 said:

Apple looking to buy EA!?!?

This would be one of the biggest moves in Apple history if true. I can’t even picture this, and Michael Pachter feels the same way stating.

“To say that it is idiotic would be an insult to all idiots,” stated by Michael Pachter.

Or would it? On a few of our Podcast we have talk about Apple having a game system. Who’s to say there gaming system has to be hardcore like the PS3 or 360, what if its on the same level as the Wii (Without the motion controls).

What if they upgrade Apple TV to allow you to play games as well? All you would do is download games from the App Store and play the games through Apple TV. That’s the same thing you can do now, only its Movies, TV Shows, Music and Photo’s.

But where does EA play a role in this?

EA’s role would be Apple’s first party studio, and that would be HUGE.

But just like everything else this is a rumor until confirmed.

One thing we do know is Apple’s up to something, they just got one of Xbox Executives Richard Teversham, they also picked up Bob Drebin the guy who designed the GameCube’s graphics card.

So something is about to go down, but what?

I always thaught that Apple were making a gaming system. Weve seen the iphone which is very successful. Could this be true?

DISCUSSSSSSS!!!

Stupid.

EA revenue would go down the toilet if it could only support 1 platform...

Releasing Madden only on one console would be breach of their NFL contract too I believe...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Dammit someone beat me again!

If this happens Apple will make a console.
Its a monumental IF though

Around the Network

already posted http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=71321&page=1