By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 holds all the aces up its sleeve.

Actually, since you happened to ORDER me to discuss it, rather than ask to have it discuss, I would rather discuss the 60' penis on the roof that was in the bankability of Blizzard thread. It as irrelevant to this thread as it is this one, but allows me at least a chance to discuss something else, besides this chest beating by a fan of a system that is currently in last place.... that has been done at least a DOZEN other times in a DOZEN other threads the past two months or so.

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
PS3 has its 10 year plan and it has a lot of good games up its sleeve and Sony has price as a weapon that could change things dramatically in favour of PS3 over the 360.

no doubt it has a ten year plan, but that says nothing about what place it will be in for those years.  and price?  are you that dim?  you greatly oversimplify the logic that goes into price fixing.   sony is still taking a loss per unit sold, so price is really not that easy to drop.  while sony does want to win this gen, it also doesn't want to lose all its investors.

and your sig is absolute, unmitigated, hogwash.  you are an embarassment to ps3 fans. 

btw, it's "writing on the wall"  not war.

art is the excrement of culture

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

Sony's losses are only a drop in the bucket when considering MS's losses. 

lolwut MS made 2 billion while Sony is about to lose 1.5billion kthxbai

uber said:
PS3beats360 said:
PS3 has its 10 year plan and it has a lot of good games up its sleeve and Sony has price as a weapon that could change things dramatically in favour of PS3 over the 360.

no doubt it has a ten year plan, but that says nothing about what place it will be in for those years.  and price?  are you that dim?  you greatly oversimplify the logic that goes into price fixing.   sony is still taking a loss per unit sold, so price is really not that easy to drop.  while sony does want to win this gen, it also doesn't want to lose all its investors.

and your sig is absolute, unmitigated, hogwash.  you are an embarassment to ps3 fans. 

btw, it's "writing on the wall"  not war.

I hope and believe that, unlike fans of either system, the important thing to the companies is the bottom line and not their "place"...  With the change of administration at Sony, I only fear that we're losing some great quotes in regards to this, though.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Sony's secret weapon is the Slimline PS3.
Slimline PS3 with $299 price tag will give PS3 the winning edge over the 360 in the business end of the console wars. Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank new game, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, FFXIII, FF Versus XIII will all help push sales of the Slimline PS3 well into the future.

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
Slimline PS3 with $299 price tag will give PS3 the winning edge over the 360 in the business end of the console wars. Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank new game, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, FFXIII, FF Versus XIII will all help push sales of the Slimline PS3 well into the future.

that would be great were it true, but i am not going to let myself get all excited about unsubstantiated gossip.

PS3beats360 said:

Were you the same guy that was saying Sony's "secret weapon" was that they "sealed off" a "second cell processor" for "unknown uses" that will unlock at some point in the future to give them the edge?  I think that was slightly more logical and believable than Sony fielding yet ANOTHER SKU on a not yet profitable brand at a lowered price tag during a year they're projecting FURTHER losses.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

PS3 with the blockbuster exclusive games which will be shown at E3 show and released over the next 18 months. PS3 has the best games that will help it outsell the XBox 360 with or without a price cut. The price cut would see PS3 overtake XBox 360 in total sales before the end of 2010 or by mid 2011 at the latest.

PS3beats360 said:
PS3 with the blockbuster exclusive games which will be shown at E3 show and released over the next 18 months. PS3 has the best games that will help it outsell the XBox 360 with or without a price cut. The price cut would see PS3 overtake XBox 360 in total sales before the end of 2010 or by mid 2011 at the latest.

the ps3 has had the edge in exclusives all year, yet it is still being outsold.  your statements do not follow.  it could happen, sure, but there is no evidence to suggest it will.

PS3 aces up its sleeve are in the exclusive games and the price cuts it will use to get it back level with 360 in regards to total console sales. It will not surprise me at all that PS3 after 5 years is level with 360 after 6 years on the market, that is in 2011. PS3 continues outselling the 360 by around 20% when the launches of the two systems are aligned from their launches.