By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 holds all the aces up its sleeve.

No I'm not a fanboy
I prefer the ps3
I have a Wii, but don't play it. I personally think Sony knows what they are doing and aren't losing money because if they were then they would have done a lot of stuff by now to prevent further money loss

Around the Network

the link was a thread somebody else posted how do u know that it is entirely true though?

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

Sony's losses are only a drop in the bucket when considering MS's losses.  While Sony's losses are NOT small, it's there business model to keep pushing the industry forward with innovative and original games/gameplay.  It's been their pattern since the PS1.  Every new hot 1st/2nd party game will be the one that broke the camel's back for some people.  We shall see if original titles that push the envelope is what gamers want.  If these gamers only want the same old same old games, Sony's strategy may not work.

Personally, I think gamers don't just want the same old same old type games, so Sony's strategy will work.

ORLY??

Duh!  Everyone knows 2.9 Billion USD loss for Sony is NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD AS Microsofts $112 million USD profit!

Sure, just act like I didn't post the following:

You mean you aren't aware of it?  $5+ billion for Xbox.  AT LEAST $2 billion over the first 2 years of operation (NOT including the advertising expenses since they are tied into all of MS advertising costs).  $1+ billion for RRoD and E74.  Class action and regular lawsuits that have to pay out TWICE the GDP of Cambodia (total of over $9 billion).  Plus, there are NEW class action lawsuit popping up over the X360 as we post!

Lol, um.... links?  MS never paid upwards of 9 billion in class action lawsuits.  In fact, I don't think a single one regarding the 360 has ever been won, soo.....  Also, you claimed it as "Microsoft and Sony" not "Microsoft and Sony's Entertainment/Console division.

I was merely showing that even when the Xbox and 360 lost money originally, MS as a whole prospered while Sony as a whole is doing awful because of PS3 and the yen.

kowenicki said:
uber said:
i'm not a business analyst, but what i do know is that sony had chipped the 360 lead down by almost a million units before the last round of price cuts. i think if the pricetag gets more competitive we will see sony eat the gap once again.

in addition to that, i agree that sony's software is more visionary in nature than m$. games like warhawk, mag, and little big planet are really pushing boundaries....and gamers are liking this, at least the ones old enough not to be swayed by mario titles. i just don't see microsoft keeping up with the battle of first party exclusives. they seem to be doing more of the same ol' same ol' with their games.

yeah and since then the gap has increased by 3 million...

what!?

The gap basically went back to normal (according to the last credible reported worldwide numbers).  It's a shame when you have to go cheaper than the Wii just to keep the PS3 from walking you down.

Jboy0990 said:
the link was a thread somebody else posted how do u know that it is entirely true though?

Are you seriously not understanding this?  This was posted on the VGChartz front page, it was posted online everywhere.  Just google freaking Sony 2008 financial reports if you can't believe us.  You are as stubborn and unwilling to accept negativity in regards to Sony as a true fanboy.

Around the Network

Well u can be entitled to ur opinion but i can't mine?
There is no ACTUAL proof.
Just another thread somebody posted

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
kowenicki said:
uber said:
i'm not a business analyst, but what i do know is that sony had chipped the 360 lead down by almost a million units before the last round of price cuts. i think if the pricetag gets more competitive we will see sony eat the gap once again.

in addition to that, i agree that sony's software is more visionary in nature than m$. games like warhawk, mag, and little big planet are really pushing boundaries....and gamers are liking this, at least the ones old enough not to be swayed by mario titles. i just don't see microsoft keeping up with the battle of first party exclusives. they seem to be doing more of the same ol' same ol' with their games.

what!?

The gap basically went back to normal (according to the last credible reported worldwide numbers).  It's a shame when you have to go cheaper than the Wii just to keep the PS3 from walking you down.

As stated by Aaron Greenburg, the $300 360 is the most predominantly sold console of the 3.  The Arcade only makes like 35% of the sales, so the majority are paying more than the Wii and some even the same as the PS3 for their 360s.

It's a shame that fanboys like you can't read up on this stuff before you try to make an argument based on price.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
kowenicki said:
uber said:

what!?

Hows that a shame?? Price cuts are shame. Its pathetic SONY fanboys are jealous that their once mighty empire is sitting in third place. Go back under the bridge you troll

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
kowenicki said:
uber said:

what!?

and why don't xbox fans see it as such?  i don't get it.  it does seem to undercut the viability of the system.

art is the excrement of culture

Jboy0990 said:
Well u can be entitled to ur opinion but i can't mine?
There is no ACTUAL proof.
Just another thread somebody posted

OMG!!! Sony posted these numbers!  They gave them to these places in formal announcements!  Seriously, this isn't an "opinion" its an unwilllingness to accept the truth.

Fine, in my opinion, the earth is flat and made of cheese because you have NO ACTUAL proof that it isn't.  What's that you say?  Theres films and documention and biological/geographical studies that dictate otherwise?  No I don't believe those.....