By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Question for anyone who works in a gaming store!!!

Okay I walk in most Tuesdays to find the new titles out. Yet today I'm told that the date listed(today's date 9/18/2007) is just a shipping date and that MySims, and the two new Singstar titles aren't really arriving until tommorrow. Yet, there was a big fat unpacked box behind the counter. Now my question: Am I being lied to? I often feel the whole shipping date controversy is a bullcrap excuse to cover for the fact that this inventory had yet to be unpacked and placed on shelves.

Around the Network

No, the whole shipping date thing isn't some bullshit conspiracy, it's just all around bullshit and annoying.

twesterm do you work for a game store?

Is that every company has different rules when it comes to shipping dates? They tell me they only get "BIG" games on tuesday, like Halo 3 will be there on Tuesday, while Mysims wasn't, yet Carnival and Stuntman: Ignition we're there on Tuesday and I wouldn't call them "BIG" games. So I just don't get it.
It just frustrates me to drive all the way out to the mall to pick up a game that's not there. And have to drive back the next day.