By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Legendary Resale Value

So, I was reading up online how all the legendary editions should be sold out before Halo is released next week, and I called my local EB and reserved the last one they had coming. Before I go through with making the large purchase (I already have a limited version paid for) I was wondering if you guys think I would be able to get an extra 50$ or so selling it on ebay, or maybe if later down the line it would be worth more since I would be keeping it factory sealed?? What do you guys think? I have plenty of money to just throw down on this and hold on to it, but would it be worth it??? I'm sure I could atleast get what I paid for it if worse comes to worse, but I wouldn't want to go through all the trouble for that. Even if its like 20-30 more it might be worth it for a quick buck. What do you guys think? Do you hate people who do this? I dont know, I never liked people who limit supply for those who really want it and then turn around and make a buck, but why not me? Also, while I am at it, I was thinking about doing the same with the limited edition Halo3 xbox360...thoughts on that too? Mainly though I was just looking at the legendary halo, as it seems almost every place I have been to has plenty of halo xboxs, but what about down the line when there arent any left? Like I said, I can afford to have the money just sitting so that isnt a big deal, but tell me guys what your thoughs on it are, thanks!!!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Around the Network

You will get more money for it later for sure.

I sold two limited Bioshocks for an extra 50 bucks each but I don't think it is going to happen on the Legendary Halos. They took preorders for a while and I was in on the first round... They closed it down but then reopened it. As of last night, they were still taking preorders for the Legendary... You may want to risk it, but I cancelled mine because I don't think it will be scalpable except for maybe the first 24 hours after it comes out... I'm not willing to stand in line at the midnight launch to make that happen...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Hmmm, true. I dont know still. Do you think I would atleast make my money back on it though?

Currently Playing:

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I cancelled my preorder yesterday and my store already had it in the back. I'm sure I'm not the only one that either cancels, doesn't pick it up within 48 hours, or shows up and decides on the regular version and leaves the legendary at the counter. If you aren't a "retail shop", you'll be lucky to get what you paid for it on Ebay. I would be willing to bet that there are a LOT of preorders that people bought to sell on ebay and if they don't get their money, they will return them.

Now that I've said all this, demand for the legendary will go through the roof and you will hunt me down and put a bullet in my skull for depriving you the ability to sell yours for $500 over the Christmas holiday as no more units are available in the market....

You will have to decide for yourself... The risk is small -- maybe you lose 10 or 20 bucks and the upside could be good but I think they took too many preorders for you to make anything.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Yeah, thanks for the info, I was on the fence a little, but what put me over is that I called every singe store in town, gamestop and eb, and not one of them had any perorders left, so I said f*ck it. I might even just keep it as a memento anyways, still not sure, hehe.

Currently Playing: