By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New 10 min long gameplay from Uncharted:Drake's Fortune

What's the point in playing Tomb Raider without Lara Croft? =P

Does all of the game take place in the jungle btw?

Around the Network

EVERYONE!!!!!

This is from E3 06 - yes 2006

So there have DEFINITELY been improvements in the last 1.5 years

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Parokki said:
What's the point in playing Tomb Raider without Lara Croft? =P

Does all of the game take place in the jungle btw?

I've seen scenes in temples and things, like in the E3 07 trailer where he's running in the dark.

But the game does have that Aztecy/Jungle setting.

---

Who bets the sequel to this game will be set in some fascist-run city which is grimy and plays vbery much like GTA and a whole lot more 'badass' and generally the step in the wrong direction for the series. Then the third game will try to restore the greatness of the first one, and does a good job until the game returns to the stting of the second game, only with parts unaccessible due to a great war that you were supposed the fix in the second game, but really it was just to save space to make room for the huge desert?

Yeah, it looks good. I'm a bit concerned with it right now though if there aren't any puzzles. It looked like repetitive room by room gun fights with seemingly predictable AI and some basic platforming. It sure is gorgeous though.

The gameplay looks great and the cover system looks even better.

Edit: I do hope the Hand to Hand combat gets better.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills
Around the Network
naznatips said:
Yeah, it looks good. I'm a bit concerned with it right now though if there aren't any puzzles. It looked like repetitive room by room gun fights with seemingly predictable AI and some basic platforming. It sure is gorgeous though.

Yeah I noticed that to. But they didn't show much of this game really, like i don't know much of the story, and in the trailer you see some platform puzzle (JUMPING puzzles and all that). And I also think the mystery puzzles will come

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kratos said:
naznatips said:

Yeah I noticed that to. But they didn't show much of this game really, like i don't know much of the story, and in the trailer you see some platform puzzle (JUMPING puzzles and all that)

I agree.  It's certainly too early to judge what else is in the game.  

I forgot how good this looks. Knowing how Naughty Dog has done their previous games, I am not worried about them fleshing out the game to make it a more "full" experience.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I don't think there will be many puzzles. It's a 3rd person shooter with some platforming and hand to hand elements. Basically an action/adventure game, but I wish there were more puzzles.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!