By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 already maxed out? Lair devloper thinks so!

@MikeB and libellule

"According to a Factor 5 developer who worked on Lair on the PS3, Lair pushed the limits of what the PS3 can do."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
It's not so much a matter of whether the PS3 is maxed out or not, but really a matter of how is it going to be possible to utilize any more of the PS3's potential without making the games even more expensive to develop or development periods even longer.

Good point. To make a AAA title like Bioshock for the PS3, a developer that signed on now would be realistically looking at releasing the game in late 2010 at the earliest.

""""Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, Call of Duty 4, Too Human. Halo 3, Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata all have different art styles but display the same graphical finesse. """" 

==> Maybe be for MAss Effect and CoD4
But I doubt for the others ...

Time to Work !

""""@MikeB and libellule

"According to a Factor 5 developer who worked on Lair on the PS3, Lair pushed the limits of what the PS3 can do.""""

===> well, for me, since we dont have a quote, it is more a bad summary that anything else
Whatever, there are just doing damage control to support their "bashed" game ...

Time to Work !

Lol, have you seen the LO trailers? Not to mention the Ninja Gaiden 2 gameplay shown off yesterday. And Fable 2? It'll be graphically fantastic (to early to tell for gameplay). Halo 3's single player is looking VERY nice, and the other JRPG's have brilliant graphics amongst their particular niche. I don't know if you own a 360, but if you do, download the Too Human trailer, AWESOME.

Around the Network

That Factor 5 guy will probably be eating crow in a year or so. Maybe sooner.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

No console's maximun power can be utilized this early in it's lifetime.

There might be some truth in that, meaning 1080p games with huge open areas and lots of moving objects are not going to run smooth with this generation's hardware. Or at the very least the cost of producing such a game will mean it'll inevitably be extremely short, as demonstrated by Lair and HS, but that's probably not his point here.

Mostly sounds pretty unbeliveable though.

some ones covering their ass for their weak ass coding.

What an idiot, nuff said :P

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo