By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Energizer Induction Charger - Restore Wiimote Power Wirelessly!

Had I not relegated my Wiimote to its box ne'er to see the light of day again, I would be rather tempted by the Energizer Induction Charger for Wii, from Performance Designed Products. Yes, it's just a charger, but it's a pretty neat one. 

As if you couldn't tell from the name, the charger uses the magic of induction to charge two Wiimotes without the need for cables or the removal of the batteries inside the controllers. That's particularly useful if you like using your Wiimote with a silicone condom sleeve fitted. Sure, toothbrushes and the like have had induction chargers for yonks, but I can't help but think many of us are more likely to play Wii Fit twice a day than clean our teeth - myself not included I hasten to add. 

The charger can be positioned flat on a surface, or stood upright to show off the docked Wiimotes if that's to your liking. Either way you'll find an LED glowing yellow to indicate a charging Wiimote or green betraying it as fully powered.

$49.99 in the US, UK pricing unknown. 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/news/2009/04/30/Energizer-Induction-Charger----Restore-Wiimote-Power-Wirelessly/p1

What's wrong with this guy?  Kind of hard to play Wii if your Wiimote is in a box fella!

Around the Network

It is so nice for biased reporters to insult a company while giving good news.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)