By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there ANYTHING to look forward to on 360 this year???

Again, I'd think MS will (obviously ) be announcing some big stuff at E3. But the gap between Halo Wars and the -who knows what it will be- fall line-up is pretty big. Some of the other exclusives since HW have been...iffy. Regardless of what is announced, it seems MS's line-up is going to be more Fall-Holiday centric than ever. Better all at once than not at all, but there is something to be said about having a more balanced release calander. But hey, multi-plats are abundent!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

The cards haven't really been played yet so there are to many unknown factors that must be taken into consideration.

All it will take is one or two PS3 games to slip into 2010 (like god of war 3), or one mediocre review and/or the announcement of one high profile new 360 game (like a new IP from Epic or something good from rare-like a jet force gemini sequel or something) and people will be saying the opposite and downplaying the ps3's exclusives.

Neoraf said:

Me... it's the opposite.

I own a PS3, and a 360... and I don't find anything interesting for my PS3 in 2009... maybe Uncharted 2... but other than that...

For my 360 in 2009, I'm looking forward Lost Planet 2, Magna Carta 2, the new Rare game, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo ODST, Alan Wake.

And god, MASS EFFECT 2 in 2010!!

Stop being such a blatant 360 fanboy. Mass Effect 2 is a long time away, and Lost planet 2 won't be an exclusive.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

It depends on what games you like. Not everyone likes Halo, MGS4, Gears of War and what not. I bought a 360 twice, sold one, and then bought another one when Gears of War 2 hit. I thought a it was a bad idea to buy a console for one game and when games hit on the 360 (Star Ocean, Halo Wars.) it seemed like a bad idea. (Star Ocean's story and voice acting were terrible and Halo Wars was in average RTS).

Then I got multiplatform titles like Prince of Persia, Army of Two, RE5 plus many others. It turned out pretty damn good so wait and good games will come.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Squilliam said:
Microsofts stated in the past that they have gotten over releasing a game years in advance, and that they are copying Nintendos strategy here. Give them the benefit of the doubt and let them have one E3 before you feel the need to ask where the games are?

My thoughts exactly

Around the Network

Eh why does everyone seem to disregard the DLC. I'm talking about Fallout 3 Broken Steel, this is what I am looking foward to the most this year. Level cap by 10?! Altered ending or in my eyes Fallout 3's true ending, and a couple perks that seem ok. May 5th can't wait =)

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

COKTOE said:
Again, I'd think MS will (obviously ) be announcing some big stuff at E3. But the gap between Halo Wars and the -who knows what it will be- fall line-up is pretty big. Some of the other exclusives since HW have been...iffy. Regardless of what is announced, it seems MS's line-up is going to be more Fall-Holiday centric than ever. Better all at once than not at all, but there is something to be said about having a more balanced release calander. But hey, multi-plats are abundent!

Huh?? Your views seem somewhat skewed.

The PS3 will have had 4 exclusives (Killzone 2, MLB 09, Cross Edge & Infamous) for the first half of the year while the 360 will have had 7 exclusives (Stoked, Race Pro, Halo Wars, Star Ocean 4, Ninja Blade, Velvet Assassin & Battlestations Pacific) for the first half. The Wii even less.

So I guess noone has had a balanced release calendar if, as you say, the 360 doesn't have one

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Halo ODST is all I know as of now but we will find out come E3.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Well most (hopefully) will be announced at E3.

But for now Halo: ODST. If you like COD you will probably like ODST. COD like gameplay with the halo universe and characters...nothing finer :) (no i don't know that for sure, but how else could the gameplay possible be lol)

And regardless of how far away Mass effect 2 is. Its still goina be one of the best games this gen. And merits the purchase of a 360 all by itself!!!

infamous8 said:

Alright guys, contrary to what some may think, I'm not a blind fan boy. I own a Ps3 and a 360. 360 used to be my favorite, but I've gotten really bored of it lately. Anyways, I just bought a flatscreen HDTV and have my Ps3 hooked up to it right now. Are there any GOOD games (that means Ninja Blade does not count) coming out for 360 in 2009 that I won't be able to play on Ps3? Will there be any reason for me to even hook up the 360 again now that I got a Ps3?

I dont like Halo games. I own Halo 3 and Halo Wars, and found that they both got really stale after a couple days. Lost Planet 2 from CAPCOM looks really good, but I doubt it will be released this year. Alan Wake looks kind of meh..Id rather be playing Uncharted 2 since they will probably both come out around the same time.

Help me out here.

Xbox 360

1. Alan Wake - Exclusive - Good

2. Halo 3: ODST - Exclusive - This is not an expansion, its a brand new story from the perspective of an ODST.

3. Grand Theft Auto IV: Episode 2 Expansion Pack - Exclusive - This is the only expansion

4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - Exclusive

5. Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram - Xbox Live Arcade Exclusive - Even though it is old it is a great game that is going to kick ass online and a game you can't find on ps3.

..............................and more to be anounced at E3.

Playstation 3

1. Infamous - This game doesn't look like it is going to be good

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Good

3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Good

4. Heavy Rain - This game also doesn't look like it is going to be good

5. God of War 3 - 2009?  - Good

Those games on xbox 360 may not interest you, but millions of gamers are looking foward to those games.

Enjoy those 2 possibly 3 Good games you have on the ps3 for 2009, I will be having fun with the 5 Good games plus more on the xbox 360.