By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Thanks pal. I'm just gona plod along for now. Made it to the boss fog in stonefang. But didnt wana lose my 8000 souls so I went back to the nexus lol coward. I'll go in 2nite. Just got home from work, gona shower then take my 3rd boss soul.

Ynwa.

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
what are everyones soul levels in this game on this forum?? because im currently soul level 238 and its annoying because i can hardly find anyone to Co-Op with now with because of the soul level restriction rule.
I think its a bad idea because basically ive been punished by the servers for playing the game and getting a high soul level (which is surly part of the game to level up!!) and now i have to play with not being able to co-op with people because there out of my soul level range.
i can understand not being able to invade peoples games as a black phantom because it will be too one sided but i think restricting the co-op part is stupid. i basically never get summoned anymore and theres never any Blue soul signs on the floors anymore!
i love the game but i think there should be a patch to fix this because its just taken away one of the best parts of the game.

Also i bought the asian version of this game aound a year ago, does anyone know if i sell the asian version and buy the new european version which is being released, will my save file still work with it? i want to do this because european and usa versions have worldwide servers while the asian and korean versions are region locked. so i want to be able to play worldwide as there might be more of a chance of someone being in my soul level range.

Currently i'm at SL 254, but I haven't played Demon's Souls in quite a bit. 

I agree with you, at mid-high levels it's pretty much impossible to find anyone, because:

a) Everyone who's continued to play this game has reached almost SL 600 and above

b) Most people keep their SL below 80 to do noob-hunting.

I'm pretty much going to get the EU version and start all over again, that way it's guaranteed to have a more lively online. Probably the EU version is going to be region locked as well though. It only makes sense, otherwise, NA version pros could simply SoulSuck themselves to low levels and make a living hell for EU players online. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Next month, Europeans. Next month will be made of win.

ive de-leveled to soul level 175, its much better now, i can invade peoples games and co-op as a blue phantom, plus if im in soul form theres the odd blue soul sign for me to summon to give me some help,. so i think im going to stay at this soul level now.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Me and my friend were at the fog ready for the spider (we do it twice him as phantom and me too) we saw 2 soul signs waiting i summoned em both and we 4 teamed it!!!!!!!!!! Awesome game.

Ynwa.

Around the Network
TyePhoid_PAL said:
Me and my friend were at the fog ready for the spider (we do it twice him as phantom and me too) we saw 2 soul signs waiting i summoned em both and we 4 teamed it!!!!!!!!!! Awesome game.

Heheh, it's pretty awesome when you team up to defeat the bosses. I used to hang around the fog before the Flamelurker (the next boss after the spider) to help a lot of people, and get some nifty number of souls for myself

At NG+++, the Flamelurker is brutal. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
TyePhoid_PAL said:

Heheh, it's pretty awesome when you team up to defeat the bosses. I used to hang around the fog before the Flamelurker (the next boss after the spider) to help a lot of people, and get some nifty number of souls for myself

Through my experiance of beating the game around 4 or 5 times, the flamelurker is the hardest boss he's just brutal, there just doesnt seem to be a pattern to his attacks and he jumps around all over the place but i must admit it does make it easier if you get some help with him because he seems to get confused on who to attack.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:
TyePhoid_PAL said:

Through my experiance of beating the game around 4 or 5 times, the flamelurker is the hardest boss he's just brutal, there just doesnt seem to be a pattern to his attacks and he jumps around all over the place but i must admit it does make it easier if you get some help with him because he seems to get confused on who to attack.

Yup, except if the group is dumb enough to sit in one place and then Flamelurker does his AoE Nuke attack

I've seen a couple of people dying online on the Flamelurker battle because of that. And I particulary hate how he goes berserk when his HP is in the last 10%. He never let's go >_< 

Current PC Build

They need to implement a side-kick system for the online. Leave the black phan part of the equation alone, but open it up for more blue phan teaming.

Ssenkahdavic said:
They need to implement a side-kick system for the online. Leave the black phan part of the equation alone, but open it up for more blue phan teaming.

They could implement a Stat-restriction system for Blue-Phantom pairings, to subsitute the Level caps. That way, even if a higher leveled Blue-Phantom comes to help, they'll have reduced stats, matching up to the summoning player Level. 

That would open up the online pairing a lot  

Current PC Build