By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

routsounmanman said:
So, this weekend just started Demon's Souls all over again to re-Plat it. I picked a Thief this time, having a much easier time than my Mage. My White Bow +3 and my recently built Blueblood Sword rule all.

PS: I've failed to kill old King Doran ~10 times, though. Boy, he's a toughie (I killed him with Poison+Death Cloud last time >_>)

I always used a Hit and Run strategy on Doran. Equipping myself with the Thief Ring, I lured him onto the bridge by walking slowly, and then I ran to the door on the other side. At this time, Doran should lose you and you can run up to him and backstab him. Repeat until he's dead

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:
So, this weekend just started Demon's Souls all over again to re-Plat it. I picked a Thief this time, having a much easier time than my Mage. My White Bow +3 and my recently built Blueblood Sword rule all.

PS: I've failed to kill old King Doran ~10 times, though. Boy, he's a toughie (I killed him with Poison+Death Cloud last time >_>)

I always used a Hit and Run strategy on Doran. Equipping myself with the Thief Ring, I lured him onto the bridge by walking slowly, and then I ran to the door on the other side. At this time, Doran should lose you and you can run up to him and backstab him. Repeat until he's dead

Yeah, I read about such tactics in the Wiki as well. I'll either do that or simply drop him down the stairs

BTW, I was wondering, do you have a Wii? Are you getting MH3? I'd love to hunt down some monsters with you

routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:

Yeah, I read about such tactics in the Wiki as well. I'll either do that or simply drop him down the stairs

BTW, I was wondering, do you have a Wii? Are you getting MH3? I'd love to hunt down some monsters with you

I have lent it to my sister, but I probably will get MH3 xD

When is it due here in Europe? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:

I have lent it to my sister, but I probably will get MH3 xD

When is it due here in Europe? 

April 23rd if I'm not mistaken. I have pre-ordered the limited edition (MH3 + WiiSpeak + CCPro + figurine). Can't wait!

Hey, there guys... I would need some help with the Dragon God...

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:

Come on, he's pretty easy! Tips:

1) Use purple flame shield and use L2 shield attack to break the obstacles

2) When the Dragon God's eyes turn red, it means he saw you, hide behind a column or something. When he turn yellow again, run for it.

Let me know how it goes!

Stefl1504 said:

Do you need any tips or do you want online help? If you want online help Stelf, then at what level are you?. 

The Dragon God is pretty easy, if you pay attention to it's eyes. If they are Yellow, it means he hasn't spotted you yet, use the pillars on the arena to hide away from him. If it's red, the quickly dash to a pillar so that he looses lock on you.

To destroy the rubble faster, equip your weapon two handed, and use the R2 smash, that will destroy it in one blow, which allows you to dash to a pillar much faster.

Once you hit the first Ballista, you'll have to do a run back to the second one on the lower level. In this part he will no longer punch you if he spots you, but he'll do a flaming sweep attack that can still OHKO you if you don't have good fire protection or the spell Water Veil.

Once again, use the same strategy as above for Pillar hiding and rubble smashing.

After hitting the second Ballista (be mindful of the Crystal Gecko nearby, as it has a high chance to drop Pure Clearstones, make sure you kill him straight away), you'll have to go up and close with the Dragon God face.

Don't ever be in front of his face. Even if he's pinned down, he can still breathe fire in regular intervals which will kill you straight away. Your best chance is to stay to either side and use a Bow (Sticky Long Bows are the best, but a regular one will do just fine), a spell like Soul Arrow or Soul Ray, or a Spear weapon like the Winged Spear. 

Current PC Build

routsounmanman said:
Stefl1504 said:

2) When the Dragon God's eyes turn red, it means he saw you, hide behind a column or something. When he turn yellow again, run for it.

Let me know how it goes!

okay I don't have that shield... but maybe it help to know that i have to hide behind a column... but my problem is I always get killed by his second hand... not the one attacking but the one blocking the way...

Stefl1504 said:
routsounmanman said:
Stefl1504 said:

Let me know how it goes!

okay I don't have that shield... but maybe it help to know that i have to hide behind a column... but my problem is I always get killed by his second hand... not the one attacking but the one blocking the way...

That hand only comes out if the spotted you entering a pillar after taking the first swing. In that scenario, if you survive the first Punch, stay close to the first hand, as it will be away from the AoE splash of the second hand.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Stefl1504 said:
routsounmanman said:
Stefl1504 said:

Let me know how it goes!

That hand only comes out if the spotted you entering a pillar after taking the first swing. In that scenario, if you survive the first Punch, stay close to the first hand, as it will be away from the AoE splash of the second hand.

I hope your tips come in handy... thanks for all the help, I will try it later that evening... I still think I have to low fire defence, even with the ring...