Just got the platinum

Thankx guys (specially you lestat), couldn't have done it without you all

Demon's Souls wiki was a big help too.

looking fwd to invade ur worlds :P

You're welcome Nen :) 

Glad that I was of any help ;).

@Sabby_e17

Playing online can screw up with your Tendencies, mainly because of two things:

1) If you quit the game while you're on the Nexus online, there's a glitch in the game that resets your WT's.

2) WT's online depend on all players WT's, not only yours, so most of the time, you'll be playing on Neutral WT 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
nen-suer said:
Just got the platinum

@Sabby_e17

1) If you quit the game while you're on the Nexus online, there's a glitch in the game that resets your WT's.

2) WT's online depend on all players WT's, not only yours, so most of the time, you'll be playing on Neutral WT 

No wonder my world tendency is screwed...how do I fix it?

sabby_e17 said:
lestatdark said:
nen-suer said:
Just got the platinum

@Sabby_e17

The best way to avoid screwing it up more is to stop playing online. Also, have you done all White WT events already? If not, you'll have to get them the hard way, if you have already beaten a large amount of the bosses.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
sabby_e17 said:
lestatdark said:
nen-suer said:
Just got the platinum

@Sabby_e17

The best way to avoid screwing it up more is to stop playing online. Also, have you done all White WT events already? If not, you'll have to get them the hard way, if you have already beaten a large amount of the bosses.

I haven't done any White WT events yet and I have beaten a fair amount of bosses...

Can anyone give me some useful tips on how to defeat the Maneater boss?

Help will be much appreciated.

Around the Network

Before I do something reakllly dumb and import the American version, I want to know if it'll play on a PAL system.

There's a difference between being region free and PAL vs. NTSC right? So even with the benefit of region free games, being in a PAL country does this mean I can still only import PAL versions (e.g. from Europe).

And given the only English language version of DS is NTSC it means I still can't play it?

Or does this version give me some hope? http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-77-2-49-en-15-Demon%27s+Souls-70-36pw-43-bm.html

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Packie said:
Can anyone give me some useful tips on how to defeat the Maneater boss?

Help will be much appreciated.

There are two easy ways to defeat the Maneater bosses.

1) You can use a Sticky Long Bow with Light Arrows and shoot from before the Fog Gate. Just stand at the left side of the fog gate and aim for the first maneater there. You can kill it before going through the gate.

2) Equip yourself with a fast attacking weapon and use the Warding magic, you can minimize a lot of the damage from the Man-Eaters, even if you get double teamed by both of them.

@Sabby_e17

Then to get to PW WT, you will need to destroy Black Phantom players online, each one will give you the same % towards White than bosses gives you

@Binary Solo

It will play on Pal system. I have the NA version and it plays perfectly on mine. 

Current PC Build

@lestatdark

I actually used the method of shooting him behind the fog but it didn't do that much damage but I didn't know you can stack sticky white stuff with bows, I'll try it. Even if I had equipped a fast weapon(I have a dragon sword and my knight character is really badass with spears and swords) I still can't avoid his dash attack which is really annoying. it looks like I should use the fog method, thanks for the help lestatdark.

say how many time have you beaten the game?

@Packie

If you have both the Clever Rat Ring and the Morion Blade, you could try getting your Health down to 30% before trying the method I told you.

My Sticky Long Bow +5 with Light Arrows at 35 Dexterity, with both those items, gets an attack boost to 700 damage. I do almost 150 per arrow to the first maneater.

Also, if you go hand to hand with them, make sure you have no shield equipped, all of their attacks go through shields, and make sure to be light, the more moves you dodge, the more attacks you can put on them. Make sure you go for their tail, once it's cut off, they won't be able to do the dash attack.

I have beat the game a total of 6 times, 2 in my first playthrough before my PS3 broke down and 4 once I got it back and started the game all over again to get my Platinum.

Current PC Build

Man some of the stones are a pain to get. Still haven't ever got a pure darkmoonstone or pure bladestone. chuck of marrow is also rare for me. other than that I'm well on my way to the plat. Almost done with my third play through was just hoping to have all the weapons done this time.