By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Woot! Got my plat last night the pure bladestone finally dropped!

On to uncharted 2!

Around the Network

Congrats EncodedNybble ;) Just saw your PSN message now. Good luck with Uncharted 2 ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I need some advice.

In 4-1, I in some place, when you pick up a Augite of Guidance, some girls start saying "Caw, give me sprinkly twinkly stuff".

Where the hell is this girl?

@sabby_e17

It's not a girl, it's a crow on the top of the tree in that place ;)

He'll ask you for various stuff, he's a list of what you can exchange with him: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/crow

My suggestion is that you trade the Gold Mask (found on 3-2) and the Talisman of God (You should have found one in 4-1, else you can buy them from the vendor in world 5) for two Colourless Demon Souls.

In order to exchange, you'll have to drop the necessary item in the ground on front of the tree, then go to the menu and load your profile. After doing that, you'll find the treasure behind a root on the right side of the tree.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
aleusianacht88 said:
lestatdark said:
aleusianacht88 said:
lestatdark said:
It may be do to some glitchy calculation to the RNG when luck is at 8. I would give it a try, but I lent Demon's Souls to a friend of mine for him to try >_<

Dude got stuck on the Tutorial, because he was resetting over and over again, for not being able to defeat the Vanguard there, so he thought he had to start over xD

vanguard is a bitch, when you start to really lay into him he moves so his back is against a wall and you can't run behind him to attack and avoid his stupid axe.

Yeah, the only way I could defeat him on the Tutorial with my Thief was exploiting his butt stomp attack, since he'll always get stuck on that attack if you stay in mid-range behind one of his legs. Other than that, his axe will pummel you without mercy, it has a huge friggin swing range >_<

The fight is easy if he keeps space between his back and one of the walls, because that's how you're supposed to fight him..they should have made the area you fight him bigger, there's no excuse for that.

Well, you are suposed to die in that fight, so I guess the developers idea was to have the most agressive fighting ambient possible there.

@sabby_e17

Pretty much like EncodedNybble said, but I will add that you consider the Dragon Long Sword +5, mainly because it will work wonders in world 5 against the Giant Goblins and the bosses there. 

on the contrary, you can win the fight but im not gonna spoil what happens after Vanguard.

Around the Network
aleusianacht88 said:
lestatdark said:
aleusianacht88 said:
lestatdark said:
aleusianacht88 said:
lestatdark said:
It may be do to some glitchy calculation to the RNG when luck is at 8. I would give it a try, but I lent Demon's Souls to a friend of mine for him to try >_<

Dude got stuck on the Tutorial, because he was resetting over and over again, for not being able to defeat the Vanguard there, so he thought he had to start over xD

vanguard is a bitch, when you start to really lay into him he moves so his back is against a wall and you can't run behind him to attack and avoid his stupid axe.

Yeah, the only way I could defeat him on the Tutorial with my Thief was exploiting his butt stomp attack, since he'll always get stuck on that attack if you stay in mid-range behind one of his legs. Other than that, his axe will pummel you without mercy, it has a huge friggin swing range >_<

The fight is easy if he keeps space between his back and one of the walls, because that's how you're supposed to fight him..they should have made the area you fight him bigger, there's no excuse for that.

Well, you are suposed to die in that fight, so I guess the developers idea was to have the most agressive fighting ambient possible there.

@sabby_e17

Pretty much like EncodedNybble said, but I will add that you consider the Dragon Long Sword +5, mainly because it will work wonders in world 5 against the Giant Goblins and the bosses there. 

on the contrary, you can win the fight but im not gonna spoil what happens after Vanguard.

Read a few of my replies to you before, I beat him with my Thief :P 

Current PC Build

Just beat Flamelurker. He was very tough but I beat him on my second try.

I think now I'll give my flamelurker soul to Blacksmith Ed and get my Flame bow

EDIT: And should I upgrade my Purple Flame Shield +6 to a dark shield?

Don't upgrade your Purple Flame Shield +6 to Dark, the only Magical reduction shield you'll need is the Dark Silver Shield that you'll earn when you defeat Garl Vinland on 5-3.

Continue upgrading the PFS to +10, it's the best shield you'll ever have, unless you upgrade your vitality to insanely high levels.

Current PC Build

Just beat the Adjudicator. He took me 6 Heavy Arrows...

I also got a Pure Cloudstone from those flying things in 4-1 and a Purple Flame Sheild from the red Knight in 1-1.

I have been doing alot of stone and soul farming in both places.

the pure cloudstone is alright (you get one from the 4-3 boss too), the chunks of cloudstones are the rare stuff.

But the adjunticator is super easy takes me maybe 2 minutes to beat him each time.