By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
EncodedNybble said:
I like farming alright but I don't think It shoul be a trophy req. Hve the trophy be "kill x" and x may be super easy with a certain weapon that you have to farm for but with enough skill you can save yourself a few hours.

Well, weapon trophies came to replace online trophies. Originally it was planned to have "Kill X Black Phantoms" or "Help Y amount of players as Blue Phantom". The one that I dreaded the most was "Kill 5 players in a row, red eyes duel" xD

OMG I would never get the Platinum that way. Online just doesn't seem to work that well for me on my PS3 for some reason! I had to kill BP NPCs twice in NG+ and NG++ in order to get PWCT! (Man, BP Satsuki was a pain in the ass)

I have huge issues online as well, mainly in the form of huge lag spikes. That's because we're playing on American Servers that weren't prepared to have such a high amount of players (Demon's Souls wasn't expected to sell much), with such a high number of EU importers playing it.

Hopefully, if they ever make a Demon's Souls 2, they adress this issue, with the release of a EU version and better servers.  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
EncodedNybble said:
I do plan on making those myself eventually but gettig those items and trophies now would allow me to stop playing the game for a bit so that I can spend more time with my family :)

great excuse for quick trophies,like it,

i'm not one for platinum so it doesn't bother me,if i don't upgrade everything unless i have to,to kill certain enemies

anyway been missing DS for a few days as have been busy so back to it,

i'm also 3/4 through valkyria chroncles,have to finish that soon too....

Above & Beyond

Started my NG+ which was going well until I met Flamelurker again. I would say that he gave me a beating but I'm not sure it even qualifies as that being as he killed me in a single hit almost straight away! Also got killed for the first time by a BP . I killed the first 8 or 9 that invaded but this guy bested me with some kind of fire weapon.

CrazyHorse said:

Started my NG+ which was going well until I met Flamelurker again. I would say that he gave me a beating but I'm not sure it even qualifies as that being as he killed me in a single hit almost straight away! Also got killed for the first time by a BP . I killed the first 8 or 9 that invaded but this guy bested me with some kind of fire weapon.

Probably he had a Dragon type of weapon. Those things pack a serious punch, especially if your fire resist is low or if you aren't using a good Fire resistant shield like the Purple Flame Shield. 

I found that the most fearsome weapons to use in PvP are Magical weapons, especially Moon ones. At 99 Magic they are devastating, unless you carry around the Dark Silver Shield. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

CrazyHorse said:

Some tips on Flamelurker:

1 - Don't use heavy armor. Be light and be sure you can dodge efficiently.

2 - Water Veil spell

3 - Ring of Flame Resistance

4 - Purple Flame Shield +10 will absorb almost all damage

5 - Use Ranged Spells or Magic weapons (Moon, Crescent)

6 - If anything else fails, lure him into the bone "cages" and trap him there

Around the Network

@lestatdark

Yeah I expect that's what it was and I didn't have my Purple Flame shield on me so it certainly packed a punch when it hit me. I agree with using magic weapons, I currently switch between my Crescent Falchion +4 and Demonbrand (I'm at PWCT so it's pretty brutal). I started my Uchigatana on the Moon path but haven't got far as I'm low on moonlight stones.

@routsounmanman

Got my light armour, ring of flame resistance and magic weapons. For some reason I still haven't learned the Water Veil spell so will give that a go and I started my Purple Flame Shield on the Dark path so no +10 on that for a while. I think I'll do 3-1 and 4-1 and then come back for Flamelurker.

CrazyHorse said:

@lestatdark

Yeah I expect that's what it was and I didn't have my Purple Flame shield on me so it certainly packed a punch when it hit me. I agree with using magic weapons, I currently switch between my Crescent Falchion +4 and Demonbrand (I'm at PWCT so it's pretty brutal). I started my Uchigatana on the Moon path but haven't got far as I'm low on moonlight stones.

@routsounmanman

Got my light armour, ring of flame resistance and magic weapons. For some reason I still haven't learned the Water Veil spell so will give that a go and I started my Purple Flame Shield on the Dark path so no +10 on that for a while. I think I'll do 3-1 and 4-1 and then come back for Flamelurker.

If you think Demonbrandt is powerful, just wait until you make Northern Regalia, it has an astounding 540 damage, from which 270 are magical xD It kicks everyone's ass in that game, when you're either PW or PB CT :P

Moonlightstones are easy to farm, in case you're needing chunks or pures, just log in at the Old Monk Archstone and farm off the CG that's right beside it, make sure you equip Thief's ring and go quickly for the kill, since there's also the BP Guardian there. 

Current PC Build

4 more chunks of cloudstone left to get....this is taking...so long..........zzzzz

did you attempt the 99 shards trick EncodedNybble?

Current PC Build

yeah I'm full of shards (and so is Thomas)..............2 more chunks to go..................

then pure bladestone
then pure greystone

then platinum :)