By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

No problem routsounmanman ;) I won't be playing DS too soon as well, I have Valkyria Chronicles and Mass Effect 2 to play first xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

All spells and weapons done 95% trophies done. Need a pure greystone, a pure bladestone and some chunks of cloudstone or the weapons/shields they create. Hopefully my luck will be good and this farming won't take too long.

Chunks of cloudstone can even take you longer to get than Pure Bladestone.

Demon's Souls forums and on gamefaqs have people who reached the conclusion that Chunks of Cloudstone are a glitchy drop.
Unless you have 99 Shards of Cloudstone on both Stockpile Thomas and on yourself, the drop rate of Chunks are about 1 per hour or so. Given the possibility that you may need 6 of them, you'll be in for about 6 hours of farming, if you get lucky and have that drop rate, because I was having a Chunk dropping at about 2 hours per Chunk.

That was until I farmed the 99s as I said to you, then I got a Chunk for every 15 minutes of farming. Don't know why this is the case, but lot's of people have had the same problem and the same trick has worked with them.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Interesting man that sucks. I want to say I need 2 chunks or so. Well, it looks like I have a lot of brainless work on my hand then of I am going to platinum this game.

Then maybe you'll get the chunks between shard farming, since it's only a couple of them that you need :)

That's one of the things that I don't miss from the game, the farming per se :P Took me back to the days of Zodiac Spear farming in Henne Mines, on the chest with 0.1% probability >_

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Yep, worked for me as well. The moment I had 99 shards at Thomas, I got ~3-4 chunks in a couple of hours. Pure Bladestone was like a freebie to me. The first time I killed a BP Dual Katana skeleton with soulsucker, I got it!

I distinctly remember someone having issues finding it though, hmmmm... who might that be?

I like farming alright but I don't think It shoul be a trophy req. Hve the trophy be "kill x" and x may be super easy with a certain weapon that you have to farm for but with enough skill you can save yourself a few hours.

Bah, both you and Marciosmg got it in a few tries .___.

On my first playthrough in the game, I got it on my second try, but the game punished me at the second time, for being stupid enough of not using the Pure Bladestone to make a Sharp +5 weapon at that time >_

Current PC Build

EncodedNybble said:
I like farming alright but I don't think It shoul be a trophy req. Hve the trophy be "kill x" and x may be super easy with a certain weapon that you have to farm for but with enough skill you can save yourself a few hours.

Well, weapon trophies came to replace online trophies. Originally it was planned to have "Kill X Black Phantoms" or "Help Y amount of players as Blue Phantom". The one that I dreaded the most was "Kill 5 players in a row, red eyes duel" xD

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
EncodedNybble said:

Well, weapon trophies came to replace online trophies. Originally it was planned to have "Kill X Black Phantoms" or "Help Y amount of players as Blue Phantom". The one that I dreaded the most was "Kill 5 players in a row, red eyes duel" xD

OMG I would never get the Platinum that way. Online just doesn't seem to work that well for me on my PS3 for some reason! I had to kill BP NPCs twice in NG+ and NG++ in order to get PWCT! (Man, BP Satsuki was a pain in the ass)