By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

@EncodedNybble

You're going along fine, you should be hitting 80's by the time you finish all the stones, only needing to get all rings, all weapons, all spells and all miracles

@sabby_e17

That's the easiest approach for her, and I can see why it was so easy for you then ;) As a melee character, I had to go straight to her face (Literally) to even consider an attack on her xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@sabby

Yeah the bow is easiest, but I'm impatient. So, meleeing way faster and only slightly harder (had to get my alignment right on the downward strikes).

@lestatdark

Already done the rings. Once I beat world 5 (which I plan on doing AFTER my pure bladestone), then I will have spells and weapons done (and probably my faintstone upgrade trophy and marrowstone).

That would only leave my cloudstone and greystone upgrades left which shouldn't take too long if the flying mantas give me a few chunks.

And then one playthrough with my new character for the miracles. All in all, I'd say I'm maybe a good 7-8 hours left after I get the pure bladestone until I'm platinumed.

For the miracle trophies do I need to learn all the miracles on a single character?

Or can they be spread amongst multiple characters? Just curious as I can get the 3 colorless souls one right now and that would save my new character some work (well minor work, would just need to get 1 world to PBWT...probably world 2)

Miracles shouldn't take you an entire playthrough, granted that you have used your souls effectively.

By the fourth playthrough, you should only need the soul from the Old Monk, Maiden Astraea and 3 Colourless Demon's Souls to get the final Miracles, so in fact you'll only need to finish world 3, world 5 and get the CDS from world 1 and trade a Gold Mask and a Talisman of Gods to Sparkly in 4-1 to get the other two CDS

Edit - I don't know if that works, mainly because I haven't tried it yet. Unless focus on getting only miracles in that character, I don't recommend spreading the miracles between characters. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

True.....I guess that'd arguably be faster than making my new character by a few hours.

I was going to make a pure faith build just for kicks and get the miracles while I'm at it. I've already started her, she's beaten the phalanx (my girlfriend wanted to play as her, but she gave up in 1-1).

So, I guess my decision is. Save time or don't save time (probably about a 3-4 hour difference)...hrm, decisions decisions.

Around the Network

yes that spider would be hard for melee,as the the tower knight i guess for your 1st playthrough

i had range soul arrow and fire spelss 1st,so if i don't have to get in close it's not that much of problem,if you don't get hit obviously,

it seems fire deals with everything in the end,thats why i enjoy walking around taking on the lesser monsters one on one at the mo,it's good fun

those lizard men hit me hard with their sledge hammer,it deals some damage,i could spell them,but it's fun weapon and shielding,

i've been practicing the attack roll,followed by a hit from my spiked shield +8 and a heavy blow from my sword,that puts them on the floor,lol

Above & Beyond

EncodedNybble said:
True.....I guess that'd arguably be faster than making my new character by a few hours.

I was going to make a pure faith build just for kicks and get the miracles while I'm at it. I've already started her, she's beaten the phalanx (my girlfriend wanted to play as her, but she gave up in 1-1).

So, I guess my decision is. Save time or don't save time (probably about a 3-4 hour difference)...hrm, decisions decisions.

I had my girlfriend try the game too, mainly because she wouldn't believe me that a game can be so hard as to make me frustrated. So I lent her my SL 207 character on 5-2. She died on the first goblin and cursed the game xD 

@zuvuyeay

Fire does a lot of damage indeed, especially on world 3 and 5. But on world 2 is rather useless.

The roll attacks, especially when coupled with an Extra Large Sword, are trully devastating, because they have an Area of Effect in 360º fashion, knocking lesser armoured enemies or non blocking players on PvP 

Current PC Build

Tower night was cake, as was the spider really.

Only hard thing about the spider (for melee) was when he's go crazy with the fire in which you'd need to run away. Hardest part was getting back to melee distance as his web would hit you and cause pain.

But, none were really that hard. I'd say hardest boss for me the whole game is either flame lurker or man eater. Maneater just because.....they kept knocking me off the damn platform!

Flame lurker I thought was hard until I realized you could block most of his attacks (including his AoE).

Hardest normal enemies I've found were the dual katanas and rolling skellies of world 4.

Giant goblins in world 5 weren't so bad as they were really, really easy to dodge, they just took a while to fall.

My hardest boss in the entire game were the Maneaters before learning that a Firestorm + Kris Blade +5 = Instant Win xD

Overall, I have to say that King Allant is the most complex battle in terms of paying attention to all of his moves and knowing when to counter and when to run away.

Quite frankly I never tought the Dual Katanas to be hard once I learned the timming of the dodges. Then when I got DBS, they became a piece of cake. Just dodge the first lunge, pummel them with an R2 smash and keep on the pressure. Even BP dual katana dies easily.

BP Giant Goblins on the other hand are a huge pain. On NG+ and forward, even with Warding on, they can still kill you with one strike if they connect with the overhead swing X_X

Current PC Build

i'm going in offline tonight,

i find the messages are spoilers for me,i can't help but read them especially for bosses and taps,takes half the fun out it,

when i want to fight BP and stuff,i'll go back online,it's ashame because seeing all the other lost souls running around is a nice touch of the game and it's atmosphere

i do'nt really understand the tendancy part of the game,but i guess i'll work it out

Above & Beyond