By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

i just use a fire type spell on those dual katana skeletons

they never get very far

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

@sabby_e17

The Scraping Spear is only good for PvP, as the attack power is really low and doesn't get upgraded much. You'll have to make it eventually if you're going for the All Weapons Trophy, but it isn't required for anything else.

About the Dual Katana skeletons, that jumping lunge of them is the strongest attack in the entire game. You should avoid it by dodging to the side whenever he begins the jump for it. The best way to defeat them is by using Fire Spells, but I've been meleeing them since NG+, once you find the dodging rythim, they go down pretty easily

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

The Scraping Spear is only good for PvP, as the attack power is really low and doesn't get upgraded much. You'll have to make it eventually if you're going for the All Weapons Trophy, but it isn't required for anything else.

About the Dual Katana skeletons, that jumping lunge of them is the strongest attack in the entire game. You should avoid it by dodging to the side whenever he begins the jump for it. The best way to defeat them is by using Fire Spells, but I've been meleeing them since NG+, once you find the dodging rythim, they go down pretty easily

Cool. I guess the scraping spear can wait for later.

Tomorrow, I'll kill those bastard skeletons by melee. 4-1 earns me alot of souls but I don't think I'm ready for the boss yet so I guess I'll tackle 2-2 for now.

My trophy percentage keeps going up. Need to finish sharp, fatal, dark and uhhh...crushing I think. Then spells and weapons (almost done) then miracles (though I will start a new char for the miracles, just for fun).

@sabby

The dual katana skellies are way harder than any boss in world 4 IMO.

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:
lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

Cool. I guess the scraping spear can wait for later.

Tomorrow, I'll kill those bastard skeletons by melee. 4-1 earns me alot of souls but I don't think I'm ready for the boss yet so I guess I'll tackle 2-2 for now.

Actually, the boss in 4-1 is extremely easy, the easiest one in the entire game (besides the end game boss). You can easily go defeat him if you can defeat a Dual Katana skeleton by melee ;)

@EncodedNybble

How far is your % in trophies now? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

really i walked into that 4-1 boss room last night,looked left and right and was killed instantly by a big sword,lol

going back now

the fools boss in 3-1 i think is the easiest that i've come across so far aswell as 1-1 and and the 5-1 i think it is,but then i suppose 1's are not supposed to be hard,i think 4-1 is the hardest of the 1's

Above & Beyond

@zuvuyeay

Probably what hit you was the tongue of the Adjudicator. You have to instantly go to the ground level, or else he'll pound you from up there.

Once you're in ground level, keep hitting his weakspot (the large gash on his left side) and dodge his extremely slow sword swipe attack. Once he falls down to his knees, pound away at his head.

To me, the hardest of the 1's was Armored Spider, the first time I fought it, mainly because I had no ideia that there was a good Fire Resistant shield as the Purple Flame Shield xD

Current PC Build

@lestatdark

I think my trophies are at 65% now.

Hrm, the hardest *-1 boss for me was.........................I guess the spider. Now that he was hard (took me two tries), but the other ones are easier.

I found the armored Spider the easiest, probably because I killed it with my bow with no pain at all.