By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

also does wearing complete sets of armour give bonuses in this game or can you mix and match without a negative,

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
jneul said:

^^ Thanks for the tips on the blue eyed knight lestatdark, I was doing sword on sword action when I got killed, but I did not know his tactics well, so I watched him for a bit, and learned how to defeat him, it's easier that way.
Anyway I have done that boss now, it was really easy hehe.

You're welcome Jneul ;) 

Phalanx is pretty easy himself, but brace yourself for the next stage and boss, it will be a huge jump in difficulty from stage 1-1.

When you reach Tower Knight, don't go head first against the boss, instead, go to the stairs around the boss and kill the archers there, it will make the fight much easier. When you go face to face with him, either use ranged magic from the top floor, he can't hit you from there, use Bows from there as well or simply go melee on him.

If you want to go melee (that's the hardest approach), you'll need to be constantly on his back, attacking his feet and watching out for his attacks, which can be easily dodged to the back because they are slow to start.

@zuvuyeay

Wearing complete sets doesn't give you any bonus whatsoever, you can mix them as you like ;) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

so sharp is better than tearing is it,i like the look of the uchigatana and yes i am making a proper one,i thought bleeding was a good way to go,but i'll have a look at sharp then,

i mean you have different weapons for different enemies,i though a tearing uchi would destroy the armourless creatures easily

yes i spent all last night down in the lava place,didn't seem to get enough dragonstone though or missing one type of it,

those little glowing creatures that appear alot seem to be good for stone don't they,what are they called

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
so sharp is better than tearing is it,i like the look of the uchigatana and yes i am making a proper one,i thought bleeding was a good way to go,but i'll have a look at sharp then,

i mean you have different weapons for different enemies,i though a tearing uchi would destroy the armourless creatures easily

yes i spent all last night down in the lava place,didn't seem to get enough dragonstone though or missing one type of it,

those little glowing creatures that appear alot seem to be good for stone don't they,what are they called

Bleeding effect has almost no effect on most enemies, and since the HP/second decrease is really low (most enemies only get 2 hp/s decrease), it's not worth it. Sharp has over +50 attack power over Tearing at +5 and with your dexterity stat at 30.

I usually only use Dragon Bone Smasher now xD that thing is just too powerful.

But yeah, different weapons have different effects for enemies, but for heavy armoured enemies, the best weapons are blunt weapons like Maces and Meat Cleaver.

Those little glowing creatures are the Bugbears I told you :) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I wish I could play more.

Is the Spiked Shield any good? If so should I upgrade it? Or maybe I should upgrade the Purple Flame Shield.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm really hurting for chunks of cloud stone, chunks of dragon stone and pure bladestone. I guess it's time to start farming.

@sabby_e17

If you've been reading the thread, you'll know by now the Purple Flame Shield is one of the two best shields in the game. Upgrade now!

gekkokamen said:
@sabby_e17

If you've been reading the thread, you'll know by now the Purple Flame Shield is one of the two best shields in the game. Upgrade now!

Ok. Now I gotta go find some stones...

sabby_e17 said:
gekkokamen said:
@sabby_e17

Ok. Now I gotta go find some stones...

i don't know enough about th game but i don't think the spiked shield is one of the major ones,

it helps as weapon though and i will continue to upgrade it all the way and see what happens,i'm sure there is room for two shileds in my armoury

Above & Beyond

OMG I'm desperate... I've resurrected countless Blue Phantoms, I've slain 2 Black Phantoms and I'm still at like Neutral CT, damn Friend's Ring!!! >_>