By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

yes i play online,

i wouldn't disconnect mid game,i just mean't playing a session offline

also can you summon once a black phantom appers because i tried this last night,while he was trying to find me,and the phantom didn't appear to help me out

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Yes you can summon when you're being invaded by a Black Phantom, you just have to look for soul signs and hope that the Blue Phantom doesn't disconnect meanwhile.

I had one invasion fight where the player summoned 4 different Blue Phantoms, as I systematticaly killed each one of them. He wouldn't even come close to fight me, that's as bad as the PvP is going right now >_

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

it sounds like being very movable with light armour is the best way to deal with BP's at my level,always moving,

right i'm going in,wish me luck

Above & Beyond

Good luck ;)

You're right, but it's not only for BP's, that's the best approach for the entire game. I just found that out when I got to NG+ for the first time.
I was a heavy armour user with very few mobility, which was enough for the first playthrough. but I was completely destroyed by Tower Knight in NG+ because of that >_

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

i agree,even in wizard clothes which i was wearing for ages,which don't really give you anything for my character,i was tougher and harder to beat than when i wore flute armour which isn't even that heavy is it,

i still need to find a weapon/upgrade that kicks some serious butt,i 'm always moving and range magic,but demons souls seems like an enjoyable game for getting stuck in hand to hand style if harder

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Actually Fluted Armour is very heavy. The full set weighs a total of 29.9 lbs, which is really steep, unless you have 30 or more Endurance.

The heaviest armour set in the game, Brushwood set, weighs an absurd 58 lbs xD Only players with 99 End and Ring of Great Strength can use that set and heavy duty weapons and still be as light as if they were wearing light armour.

What weapons and shields are you currently using?

Current PC Build

fluted aromour is one of the heavier ones is it,right,i was wearing it because i wanted to get stuck in melee style,

i'm using a spiked shield +7 right now,it was the only decent one i could carry early on,so i keep upgrading it,i like it although it is not that defensive i think,but i can literally walk through the early levels when i'm having a look around just killing everyone with a little knock of my shield very satisfying

i only have a dragon sword +2,can't seem to find anymore dragon stone,
a quality mace +4 and i am currently working on a tearing ugliante or whatever it's called i like the look of it but i serioulsy need to get a decent weapon,i've just realised that the blueblood sword is in my items but i need to get doing some more demons i suppose

Above & Beyond

^^ Thanks for the tips on the blue eyed knight lestatdark, I was doing sword on sword action when I got killed, but I did not know his tactics well, so I watched him for a bit, and learned how to defeat him, it's easier that way.
Anyway I have done that boss now, it was really easy hehe.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

wow that brushwood set and being light as a feather sounds unbeatable and a must get

Above & Beyond

Well, if you want to be more of a melee style, the Purple Flame Shield +10 is the way to go.

Overall it's the best shield in the game, if you count it's low weight, high physicial and fire reduction and super high Guard Reduction (82% at +10, only offset by the Tower Shield +5 at 85%).

To find Dragonstones you'll need to farm them off 2-2, the Bugbears have a high chance drop for them. You'll have trouble finding chunks, but all the chunks you need to go Dragon +5 are found in the lava on the lowest part of the stage. Just bring lots of fire resistance items and armour, plus the spell Water Veil to get them.

Are you going to make a Tearing Uchigatana? That's a really good weapon, but you'll need high Dexterity to have a good attack power with it, plus Sharp Uchigatana is way better.

Current PC Build