By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

a bit off topic,but after just seeing that sony motion controller called arc headline,

i do hope that doesn't mean games like demons souls are going to be all motion control and only that,i'm not against it per say,but i just prefer to play games like this in a normal fashion

here's hoping!

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Anyone got a few spare chunks of cloudstone? I am SL 109 and could use some

@EncodedNybble

I don't think you'll have much luck asking for Chunks of Cloudstone, usually people use all their chunls to make the Dark +5 shield ASAP, since those chunks are extremely rare to get. You can ask if someone has a Dark +5 shield who can borrow it to you, if you get it in your inventory, you'll get the Trophy.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Help, I need help, so I have finally encountered my first boss(after going to Nexus) in Demon Souls, however the dragon flies off never to be seen again when I get it's health down to about 1 quarter, finally what is the best class to choose to start with, i am a priest, but i am starting to like magician more, is that a better choice??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

@Jneul

Nice to see you in Demon's Souls :D

The dragon is not the first boss in the game, he's more of a side boss, which can only be defeated on the next stage in the Boletaria Castle. You'll have to go past him in order to get to the bridge (by making him fly off like you did, or making him go back to his nest and then run across the bridge).

Both Priest and Magician are tough classes to start as, but in my opinion, magician is the best one, because if you focus more on Magic than on Faith, you'll have access to some trully devastating magic. Make sure you increase your Intelligence accordingly, you'll need it to be able to equip more Spells and have higher MP bar. To increase the number of Miracles you can equip, you'll have to increase Faith

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@Jneul

If you decide to go for a Mage build, definitely pick a Royal over a magician. Magicians are cruel for a starter like you, their only advantage is Water Veil, and that is only useful in world 2. Royals start with a Fragrant Ring (MP Regeneration) and Soul Arrow, a powerful yet low cost spell.

Thanks, Err so where am I meant to go fight this phalanx boss then(the one that allows you to move on lol), i think I just have missed something lol^^

Edit: I have been playing on it since yesterday, no one told me it was this addictive lol

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

@Jneul

After you pass the bridge where the dragon does his overhead flaming attack, you'll find a lever in the room there. Activating that lever will open up the big castle gate at the beginning of the stage. Inside you'll find Phalanx ;)

The game is so damn addictive, especially if you're going to get 100% out of this game, you'll be in for some good 90/100 hours ;)

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@Jneul

After you pass the bridge where the dragon does his overhead flaming attack, you'll find a lever in the room there. Activating that lever will open up the big castle gate at the beginning of the stage. Inside you'll find Phalanx ;)

The game is so damn addictive, especially if you're going to get 100% out of this game, you'll be in for some good 90/100 hours ;)

That is amazing, thanks for that, those blue eyed knights keep on killing my magician lol, it may take a while for me to get there, i might use a firebomb on it at this rate...

PS VITA = LIFE

@Jneul

Even if you're playing a magician character, you should always keep a Shield and Sword/Rapier/Small Weapon, accessible on the D-Pad, because you can't always go just casting spells all around in this game ;) You'll need to do melee, a lot, as well.

Current PC Build