By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

oh yes thats right it is 4 isn't it,

i guess if you have the power,it can be done,i haven't found/upgraded my powerful weapons yet really,but still 35hrs is no time at all in a game like this,but i am more of a tortoise type player anyway

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

i guess if you have the power,it can be done,i haven't found/upgraded my powerful weapons yet really,but still 35hrs is no time at all in a game like this,but i am more of a tortoise type player anyway

Yeah upgrading the weapons and shields makes a big difference. I have to say I enjoyed running back through some of the levels and killing the red eyed knights in one hit after all the pain and annoyance they caused me early on

zuvuyeay said:

Don't worry about being a slow player, my first playthrough in the game, took me 70 hours as well. I like to take my time and explore all possibilities myself as well ;)

Also, if you ever need to gain levels fast, you should go to the Adjudicator Archstone, Shrine of Storms World (which is 4-2). In there you can gain a fast amount of souls in very little time (at first playthrough, with only the Ring of Avarice, you can gain up to 1M souls in 45 minutes, and in NG+, you can gain up to 3.8M souls in 1 hours).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

definitely,that will be satisfying when i am all conquering,revisiting a few people,it must be great just mowing through everyone,

it's a good game though more like survival horror used to be,which is i like,it means something to try and stay alive,eevn though you can always go back and get lost souls

i think you should be able to turn those messages off though,maybe not the phantom ones,i like seeing other people shadows running around like souls,but the messages are a pain and spoil it a bit for me,still minor complaint though,

i also read above that people arrange to kill phantoms/invaders and things,but you can't ask specific friends to play co-op on demons souls can you,its all just random or can i say ask you specifically to help me out,

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
definitely,that will be satisfying when i am all conquering,revisiting a few people,it must be great just mowing through everyone,

it's a good game though more like survival horror used to be,which is i like,it means something to try and stay alive,eevn though you can always go back and get lost souls

i think you should be able to turn those messages off though,maybe not the phantom ones,i like seeing other people shadows running around like souls,but the messages are a pain and spoil it a bit for me,still minor complaint though,

i also read above that people arrange to kill phantoms/invaders and things,but you can't ask specific friends to play co-op on demons souls can you,its all just random or can i say ask you specifically to help me out,

The inviting per se is random, but you can arrange with your friends, via PSN messages, to be in a specific place. One of you places the Soul Sign, and the other activates the soul sign, thus you get to play with your friends.

Lately that seems to be all that people are doing, you can't invade or PVP 1 vs 1 properly, since everyone is with a friend or what not, makes it extremely uneven. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@zuvuyeay

As far as I know you can't specifically request a friend to come and help you. There is a way around it though. If you want to help/be helped by a friend then you could arrange a time when your friend places a blue eye stone at a particular spot where you are already waiting so that you see it as soon as it comes up and then you can summon him.

Your friend would have to be in the same level range as you though, roughly your soul level +/- ~10 until you reach level 100.

yes right i see,of course that is pretty easy to do,isn't it,sounds like fun,

lestatdark,you should arrange with someone else from here,who has finished,sounds like you'd be a match for most,

i'd do it with you,i don't really know any online people,but of course here in the uk i had to import the game so way behind,i might ask some for help sometime though just to see what is all about,on co-op without an idiot

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
yes right i see,of course that is pretty easy to do,isn't it,sounds like fun,

lestatdark,you should arrange with someone else from here,who has finished,sounds like you'd be a match for most,

i'd do it with you,i don't really know any online people,but of course here in the uk i had to import the game so way behind,i might ask some for help sometime though just to see what is all about,on co-op without an idiot

I've tried to arrange a session with Luvtospooge, but we're on different playthroughs, i'll have to catch up with him, even though i'm at a higher level than him.

There are a few issues with matching up, such as level cap (10 for Levels <100, 20 for levels >100, 38 for levels >286) and you'd have to be in the same playthrough as the friend you're connecting with. This is to balance the game and avoid matching up people who are far advanced in the game with others who are just starting. A lvl 100 player can easily destroy a lvl 50 one, so that would be very unfair.

Current PC Build

@lestatdark

man I screwed up in U2 earlier. I am playing on hard said to myself, "hrm I hven't died in a long time I am probably close to survivor trophy" then had a brain lapse and said "let me see if I can get the shoot -> one punch trophy here" and died. I had 73 kills in a row, 2 short of the survivor trophy. So dumb.

EncodedNybble said:
@lestatdark

man I screwed up in U2 earlier. I am playing on hard said to myself, "hrm I hven't died in a long time I am probably close to survivor trophy" then had a brain lapse and said "let me see if I can get the shoot -> one punch trophy here" and died. I had 73 kills in a row, 2 short of the survivor trophy. So dumb.

I learned that lesson the hard way on UC:DF. My first goal was to get that trophy out of the way, so I could focus on others. Thanfully, I got it by chapter 4 and haven't bothered if I died now xD 

I find the Dyno-Might ones annoying, especially the Dyno-Might which you have to kill 4 enemies with grenades. I swear that each grenade that I throw to a group of more than 4 enemies, almost all of them survive the explosion, even though it explodes right in the middle of them >_< 

Thankfully, the trophies in DS we're a bit more straight forward and didn't involve only luck (except for the Bladestone one >_<), which seems to be the case for some trophies in most games 

Current PC Build