By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

@routsounmanman

Nice :) How high is your magic stat btw? I remember you saying that it was over 40 some pages ago xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Man you guys. I can't keep doing this (posting at work) it makes me want to go home and play the game right now!

Right now it sits at a nice 58. Along with a 45 Intelligence. With Insanity Catalyst equipped, I still get ~10 fireballs

EncodedNybble said:
Man you guys. I can't keep doing this (posting at work) it makes me want to go home and play the game right now!

I should also be studying, but I really want to be playing DS too >_<

@routsounmanman

Those are some pretty nice stats :D I'm at 50 Endurance, 50 Strength and 45 Dexterity, my Dragon Bone Smasher +5 can do a massive 800 damage counter to Knights in PB WT NG++ :P 

Also, I find it rather funny that a Thief can wield the Tower Shield and DBS and still cast Firestorm and one Shot bosses XD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^Firestorm (and most magic spells) ruins the game... I was knight with 18 magic power in NG+++++ completely neglected stat, I just upgraded to level 18 to be able to use the Talisman of the beasts, I'm talking about 18 mag in a lv 265 character. He was able to down any demon boss with ease using firestorm, one shot most of them. Last time I finished the game with that character I did it in under 4 hours, and only died once. Firestorm was very helpful for the speed run. Still, magic is overpowered and can ruin the game, specially firestorm.

Ah yeah, I was using the talisman of the beast to cast the magic, and (most of the time) a Kris Knife +5 on the other hand. Yeah, the kris knife helps a lot, but still magic 18, c'mon!

Around the Network
gekkokamen said:

^Firestorm (and most magic spells) ruins the game... I was knight with 18 magic power in NG+++++ completely neglected stat, I just upgraded to level 18 to be able to use the Talisman of the beasts, I'm talking about 18 mag in a lv 265 character. He was able to down any demon boss with ease using firestorm, one shot most of them. Last time I finished the game with that character I did it in under 4 hours, and only died once. Firestorm was very helpful for the speed run. Still, magic is overpowered and can ruin the game, specially firestorm.

Ah yeah, I was using the talisman of the beast to cast the magic, and (most of the time) a Kris Knife +5 on the other hand. Yeah, the kris knife helps a lot, but still magic 18, c'mon!

Magic is only overpowered in PvE, because when you go PvP, spells are easily annuled with Anti-Magic Field. A Magic Only user will have a hard time on PvP, especially if he isn't focused on building Magic Weapons.

But as far as PvE goes, everything is fair in the battle for survival in the game ;) You could say the same thing about the Brushwood Set, the Tower Shield +5 and the Meat Cleaver or Dragon Bone Smasher +5, they can easily break the balance of the game on the hand of good players, especially if you couple it with the Warding Spell, you'll be virtually invicible 

Current PC Build

Also, a rogue with a very high Dexterity stat and a Sticky Compound Long Bow +5, Morion's Blade, Clever Rat's Ring & 30% HP can kill anything without even getting close.

Yeah, I'm finding my sticky compound long bow works wonders right now. I should do the clever rat's ring and m blade too :)

routsounmanman said:
Also, a rogue with a very high Dexterity stat and a Sticky Compound Long Bow +5, Morion's Blade, Clever Rat's Ring & 30% HP can kill anything without even getting close.

Noooooo....you're wrong....that's not true.....*looks at his 1100 damage stat for Sticky Compound Long Bow +5 with White Arrows, Morion Blade and Clever Rat Ring*...forget it, that build destroys anything :P

I've done 800 damage to the Blue Dragon on PB WT on NG++ with it xD 

Current PC Build

Yeah, I feel like I'm borderline cheating with the bow + CRR + MB. Especially when I use it against 1-4 boss and he never even moves a step forward =) or Old Hero. I use it against the Maneaters too as I dance around the torch in the center. Bows = win in DS.