By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Hrm, interesting, so it seems that the bonus per stat even given the same ranking isn't consistent across all weapons but rather just for the single weapon itself.

So, I guess it just takes some experimentation then.  The E, D, C, B, A, S ranking is just for that weapon then i.e. if a weapon has a rating of E on str and D on dex, you'll get more damage with dex then.

Around the Network

I really don't know how that works properly, I think it's all a question of balance in the end.

Large Sword of Moonlight's A Faith rating gives a massive boost to magical damage as well, probably because it's a magic only weapon.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark

In your experience are old king, penetrator or false king worth using magic on if I'm weak? I don't mind pumping some more points into magic if I need to, but if meleeing them isn't difficult, then I'll just do that and save the magic for NG+ I guess or a different character.

@EncodedNybble

Well, in my opinion those are easy bosses to melee.

Old King Doran can be backstabbed with ease, especially if you're using the Thief's Ring.

Penetrator's attacks are amongst the easiest to dodge in all bosses, plus if you have Warding, then you don't have anything to worry about.

False King Allant is a bit harder, yet with a good shield, the battle goes very smoothly.

Even on NG+, I just meleed them instead of using magic, and i'm at 30 Magic stat ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ok cool, I won't up my magic then until I'm done with my dex :)

Around the Network

Both are easy to defeat in melee, you just need a powerful shield and lots of rolls. You should either go all magic or not at all with them. For instance, I killed the Penetrator with just 2 Firestorms (one partially missed and killed Ostrava >_>).

That's world 2,3 and 4 out the way now, just got 1-4 to do then on to world 5. Also picked up the Friends Ring so thought I'd finally give the multiplayer a go. I already thought it was a great game but the multiplayer aspect adds a whole new level! Had a few goes as a blue phantom and tried one go as a black phantom. I sucked at invading and was killed too quickly but then got summoned by the same player who killed me when I went back to being a blue phantom. Together we killed the Penetrator so it's all good in the end!

What are your favourite stages to help/invade? I pretty much stuck to 1-3 as it's one of my preferred stages.

@routsounmanman

Weren't you using all the magic damage boosting items? I managed to one shot him with Firestorm in NG+, and i'm at 30 Magic only.

Current PC Build

CrazyHorse said:

That's world 2,3 and 4 out the way now, just got 1-4 to do then on to world 5. Also picked up the Friends Ring so thought I'd finally give the multiplayer a go. I already thought it was a great game but the multiplayer aspect adds a whole new level! Had a few goes as a blue phantom and tried one go as a black phantom. I sucked at invading and was killed too quickly but then got summoned by the same player who killed me when I went back to being a blue phantom. Together we killed the Penetrator so it's all good in the end!

What are your favourite stages to help/invade? I pretty much stuck to 1-3 as it's one of my preferred stages.

My favourite invading stage is 4-2, especially because you can get people unaware most of the times near ledges, so Wrath of God = Ownage :P

I like helping around 1-3 and 2-2, but that's because both bosses there gives a massive souls amount if you defeat them while helping as Blue Phantoms xD

Current PC Build

@lestatdark

Of course not. not even Kris Blade +5. I just went 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 1-3 and then got all the good stuff. Even so, I got like 90% of his health