By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

llorT said:
This thread would be better in video form.

I was thinking the same thing, but I am only human, my powers have limits.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
PS3 is too expensive and the 360 has the RRoD. These two arguments need to DIE.

And who's gathering the fruits???

And who'll gather them soon from who's gathering them now? Ron Jeremy, obviously!!!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=64515&page=1

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I've missed a couple of pages of this most entertaining and amusing thread. So I'm wondering if someone has, once again, thrown this graph into the mix?

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php

Though I notice if PS3 remains on its current trajectory it will cross under 360 once the PS3 sales weeks catches up to where the 360 sales weeks in January this year.

This graph tells us one thing: Those who say 360>>>>>>>>>PS3, AND those who say PS3>>>>>>>>>>360 by talking about numbers of consloes sold are blowing so much smoke out their back end that they have become completely blinded by their own console co-dependancy.

Well the graph actually tells us 2 things, because it tells us that the only Console that is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than other consoles in terms of sales is the Wii. And the Wii is the only console that can be said to be doing any dumping on others right now from a hardware sales perspective.

PS3 FSTP!!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

I've missed a couple of pages of this most entertaining and amusing thread. So I'm wondering if someone has, once again, thrown this graph into the mix?

Though I notice if PS3 remains on its current trajectory it will cross under 360 once the PS3 sales weeks catches up to where the 360 sales weeks in January this year.

This graph tells us one thing: Those who say 360>>>>>>>>>PS3, AND those who say PS3>>>>>>>>>>360 by talking about numbers of consloes sold are blowing so much smoke out their back end that they have become completely blinded by their own console co-dependancy.

Well the graph actually tells us 2 things, because it tells us that the only Console that is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than other consoles in terms of sales is the Wii. And the Wii is the only console that can be said to be doing any dumping on others right now from a hardware sales perspective.

PS3 FSTP!!

You better better watch out friend, people always get mad when I do that!  It is my favorite graph though.  It has been my desktop back ground for a long time!

i am because Sony dropped the ball with the PS3, and they are paying for it

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
lhill81 said:

PS3 IS A WAY BETTER SYSTEM 2009 YOU WILL SEE, MICROSOFT SALES ARE BETTER BECAUSE OF THERE 33 PERCENT FAIL RATE, EVERYBODY I KNOW , WHICH IS A LOT ARE ALL ON THERE 3-AND 4TH 360, ADD THAT TO THERE SALES, MEANWHILE SONY AND NINTENDO ARE LESS THEN 1 PERCENT FAIL RATE,  WITH THOSE NUMBERS I GUESS 360 WOULD SALE MORE, I HAVE HAD MY 360 FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND ALREADY HAD TO SEND IT TO MICROSOFT, IM ON MY SECOND, I HAVE HAD MY PS3 FOR 2 YEARS AND NOT ONE PROBLEM,  

LoL, you are true but your post is a pain to read

He's completely wrong on all fronts. The Xbox 360 has nowhere near to a 33% failure rate any longer. The 360 has a 3 year warranty for a free replacement of RROD systems, so the accounting for the "extra" sales is off. The 360 is winning because of library, price and Xbox live. Theres nothing correct about what he's saying at all.

i don't really know about 360 because i don't own one but i heard a lot of times about broken 360

i'm sure it's not 33% : P

Its not 33%. Its 32%

you mean was 32%   get your facts right.

Now i would guess that its between 5-12% because they fixed alot of the problems.

I never saw any link saying 360's failure rate is down to 5%-12%. And its not just RROD. Its also this new E74 error and lets not forget scratched discs and overheating

Do you really actually believe that its still 32%???

Discs scratch only when you move the console when there is a game inside while the game is up and running...so that point is out.

overheating would be rrod my friend.

The 5-12% were rough estimates...anyone with even a speckle of common sense would agree with me on that.

But you obviously lack somewhat in the common sense department 

RRoD is so last year, it's the year of the E74 ^^b but anyways, Sony's PR pisses me off so much that I want to sell the PS3 but since it's not mine, it's not up to me =P but comparing MS and Sony is like Xbox vs Game Cube, they are both losers so who cares? =P

i am happy that the wii at the top because its the best console that doesnt break promises or break every week

good job nintendo

dahuman said:
RRoD is so last year, it's the year of the E74 ^^b but anyways, Sony's PR pisses me off so much that I want to sell the PS3 but since it's not mine, it's not up to me =P but comparing MS and Sony is like Xbox vs Game Cube, they are both losers so who cares? =P

Funny thing about this gen is the top console has the worst library. Infact this is the first gen I ever felt this.

City17 said:
binary solo said:

PS3 FSTP!!

You better better watch out friend, people always get mad when I do that!  It is my favorite graph though.  It has been my desktop back ground for a long time!

The issue with using that graph and making assumptions is that those assumptions rely on:

A: The PS3s sales will continue to increase along whats considered the standard sales trajectory.

B: The Xbox 360 sales will also follow the same sales trajectory, albeit one year opposed.

The reality as well see it is this: The Xbox 360 sales are up once more in the fourth year and the PS3 sales are down in the 3rd year.

Tease.