By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 16 (04/13/09 - 04/19/09)

Yeah, total for both versions. Very impressive.

Around the Network

Sony must be giggling right now.... and crying at the same time.

It's amazing what kind of sales one title can generate, but 1) sony would probably have liked it to have come sooner 2) sony is probably glad it only came now since the loss per PS3 is lower than before. Duality, quite a bitch ^^

I am ashamed of all of you guys.

Why would anyone, other than a complete VGC noob, expect Deca Sporta 2 to have good 1st day sales? You all know as well as I that that is a game for the casual market and that the casual market does not pay attention to what's coming out. Once they discover it on the shelves, they'll buy it.

And the proof is in the pudding right on the front page -

Godfather 2 - PS3 sold 3,500 (35%) first day
Deca Sporta 2 - Wii sold 2,500 (5%) first day

And yet Deca Sporta ranked 10th for the week, whereas Godfather didn't rank in the top 10 at all. Telling you what? Deca Sporta sold much better over the course of the week than the front loaded Godfather.

Star Scream said:
Yeah, total for both versions. Very impressive.

Is this game shops only  ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi - No.

k1s3k1 - http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1240408134/

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
I am ashamed of all of you guys.

Why would anyone, other than a complete VGC noob, expect Deca Sporta 2 to have good 1st day sales. You all know as well as I that that is a game for the casual market and that the casual market does not pay attention to what's coming out. Once they discover it on the shelves, they'll buy it.

And the proof is in the pudding right on the front page -

Godfather 2 - PS3 sold 3,500 (35%) first day
Deca Sporta 2 - Wii sold 2,500 (5%) first day

And yet Deca Sporta ranked 10th for the week, whereas Godfather didn't rank in the top 10 at all. Telling you what? Deca Sporta sold much better over the course of the week than the front loaded Godfather.

I don't want to spend to much time with this one so:

Issun said:
Star Scream said:

Yeah, 57,000 PS3s sold this week in Japan. Best selling hardware hands down.

So PS3 is best selling console YTD after all? Congratulations!

No the Wii is still the best selling console in 2009, but the gap is really small now.

@Gamerace: That doesn't change the fact that Deca Sporta 1 sold around 65.000 copies in it's first week in Japan. If Deca Sporta 2 is lucky, it sold 10.000 copies. I know that it probably will have long legs, but still, compared to it's predecessor it doesn't look good. But time will tell.

Deca Sports 2 sold less than 10k.

01. [NDS] Pokemon Fushigi no dungeon (Nintendo) - 142,000 / NEW
02. [PSP] Sengoku Basara: Battle Heroes (Capcom)
03. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (Capcom)
04. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (Nintendo)
05. [PSP] Fantasy Golf Pangya Portable (Takara Tommy)
06. [NDS] Hitman Reborn (Takara Tommy)
07. [NDS] famista 2009 (Bandai Namco)
08. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - ~10,000 / 3,301,373
09. [PS2] Powerful Pro Baseball 2009 (Konami)
10. [WII] Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)

PS3: 57,000
Wii: >14,000

as long as SE dont stop manufacturing the limited edition FF7ACC bluray, then it will keep selling.. amazon has special price for the bluray lol.. 4,670yen instead of 5,900!

and KZ2 tops amazon charts..
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_zbw_vg_videogames_more?&pf_rd_p=95606706&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=637394&pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_r=1Z1447CH7W1T7E7B3194