By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony gives PS3 to kid who saves dad's truck

On a dramatic twist, Sony's PR proves that they can do things right sometimes.

Nine-year old Matty Lovo saved his dad's life by driving his dad's big rig after the father suffered a seizure and blacked out. When asked what he would like as a reward, he said a new Playstation. The neighbors offered to save money to buy the PS, but the father said thanks and refused.

But guess what? Sony directly contacted them and offered to give him a spanking new PS3 and many games. Obviously they accepted.

Well done Sony  

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_090607_news_truck_boy_nine_playstation_rig_.a9a36aa6.html 

Around the Network

well done indeed sony

good move here, they could rack up some good press with that

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

dad buying the little kid Motorstorm would be very fitting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Hahaha or Gran Turismo, better yet, Big Mutha Truckas.

Good job Sony, doin somethin right FINALLY

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

I was going to ask if the big rig was automatic... because there would be no way this kid could drive it... I have read the news elsewhere and the kid saved his dad´s life by calling for help after he passed out on the truck himself.

Around the Network

I'm gonna cry....

That's wonderful. Nice job Sony.

If the little kid was smart he would have asked for the truck =P

Nice to see Sony PR doing a decent job, these airy fairy happy stories are brilliant publicity.

Smart kid... for choosing the PS3 and saving his dad. GJ Sony.

Good for Sony, but I think both father and son take "Excite Truck" a bit too seriously...

As I said before the kid did not drive the truck, he called 911, either way he saved his father life and thats great for anyone.