By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Tales of Vesperia info on the PS3 port and the movie

Harkins1721 said:
g-value said:
Harkins1721 said:
g-value said:
errorrrr said:
Tales game has never been good about story... in all seriousness, each Tales of game have like their catch "word" to describe it like Vesperia has something like "Justice" RPG or something... it's rather cliched...

Tales of game has always been fast pace action to me similar to StarOcean... I would like to say Tales of game is something like Dynasty Warriors of RPG. I know I am going to offend some people as DW has been deemed as pretty low game in NA, but it's VERY popular in Japan just like Tales of games are.

Tales of Vesperia takes the theme "Justice" to a whole new level because of a certain character. Anyways if you feel like the tales games don't bring good stories thats fine. I feel some bring great stories (Tales of Vesperia and Tales of the Abyss) and some bring bad stories (Tales of Symphonia) so it is understandable you feel that way. Have you played Vesperia?

Please dont go into this again!!!! THE STORY WAS EPIC! How was it predictable? I thought the story was awesome. Because the word Justice is used so many times and Lloyd hates how its used all the time then he understands the true meaning of it towards the end of the game.

This is not the thread for this so imma leave it alone.

Hey man you brought it up. Just understand its one of my Favorite games and ill always be there to defend it! haha. Just like you and Vesperia!!!

Ok.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Harkins1721 said:
g-value said:
Harkins1721 said:
g-value said:
errorrrr said:
Tales game has never been good about story... in all seriousness, each Tales of game have like their catch "word" to describe it like Vesperia has something like "Justice" RPG or something... it's rather cliched...

Tales of game has always been fast pace action to me similar to StarOcean... I would like to say Tales of game is something like Dynasty Warriors of RPG. I know I am going to offend some people as DW has been deemed as pretty low game in NA, but it's VERY popular in Japan just like Tales of games are.

Tales of Vesperia takes the theme "Justice" to a whole new level because of a certain character. Anyways if you feel like the tales games don't bring good stories thats fine. I feel some bring great stories (Tales of Vesperia and Tales of the Abyss) and some bring bad stories (Tales of Symphonia) so it is understandable you feel that way. Have you played Vesperia?

Please dont go into this again!!!! THE STORY WAS EPIC! How was it predictable? I thought the story was awesome. Because the word Justice is used so many times and Lloyd hates how its used all the time then he understands the true meaning of it towards the end of the game.

Hey man you brought it up. Just understand its one of my Favorite games and ill always be there to defend it! haha. Just like you and Vesperia!!!

Me too :P

I'm sorry if you don't like ToS g-value, but a lot of people do...

I know a lot of people like ToS and i can see why. It just my opinion so don't take it too seriously.

g-value said:
Harkins1721 said:
g-value said:
Harkins1721 said:
g-value said:
errorrrr said:

Ok.

I have not played Tales of Vesperia yet for obvious reasons since i don't own a X360, but I have played every single Tales game on consoles that I own... GC/Wii, DS, PSP, PS2, PS1, and PS3.This includes almost all the recent Japanese only games such as Innocent and Hearts...

Really, I just can't use the word "epic" to describe any of the Tales game I've played. I dont hate the series, but I just failed to see it bring ANYTHING revolution to the already existant RPG genre... Some have GOOD stories, but it's just not the "epic" grand feeling type... I myself enjoy Dynasty Warriors since the 3rd one and even Musou Orochi, as well as Radiant Mythology so you can't really say I am biased toward this game..

Really, in my opinion, this game in the RPG genre is just about the same as Dynasty Warriors in Japan. For us NA gamers, this might be more "unique" or "non-mainstreamed" in our gaming staple. But for me who plays A LOT OF Japanese games and the Japanese gamers, this is as main-stream JRPG as you can get really... It's not bad, but it's really not 'grand' or 'epic.' I understand where you guys are coming from. But if you play enough Japanese games (from Japan) you probably understand what I am saying.

If I remember correctly, Tales game is named one of the most prolifric game series in Japan.

Omg yes. This is great news.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

I huge tales fan top,10 favorite RPG series...but I have to agree that tales is never epic due to it being to cliché, predictable, and animaish

Around the Network
Xxain said:
I huge tales fan top,10 favorite RPG series...but I have to agree that tales is never epic due to it being to cliché, predictable, and animaish

I thought Abyss was pretty epic. (Haven't played ToS yet.)

Guess I'm lenient or easy or something equally disgraceful. My definition of epic might be kinda loose. :|

Totally thinking ToV will be epic though. Everything I've seen on it so far has been awesome.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Xxain said:

Please don't make this into a "tales stories is not epic" thread. We have to stay on topic.

Xxain said:

I am glad you have some common ground with my view, but I have to point out that animeish is not really a quality for making this cliche... there have been very epic anime...

But Tales was NEVER really made to be epic in my opinion... and that's why it never felt epic really... it was made for mass-consumption, and it suceeds...

@ errorrrr and Xxain

Does a story need to be "epic" in order for it to be good? The only tales game i saw as epic was ToV and i loved ToA's storyline and never thought it was epic at all.

g-value said:
@ errorrrr and Xxain

Does a story need to be "epic" in order for it to be good? The only tales game i saw as epic was ToV and i loved ToA's storyline and never thought it was epic at all.

you see thats where im torn...I consider DQ8 to be Epic but it has a very basic story and gameplay...so I cant really say its just Story.