By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

This is SOOOOO full of pure win. On one side, we have the Sonytards claiming "teh future"! On the other side we have the Xbots claiming "teh now!"

Really, this gets old, guys. $50 Live fees brings you Netflix (totally awesome, BTW) yet the PS3 brings you completely kickass Blu-ray films (if you have the right system to care).

Both kick ass. Personally, I'm more of an Xbox guy because the PS3 so completely underwhelmed me over a year's time. Don't get me wrong, it KICKS ASS now but after paying that kind of money for that system, I'm completely underwhelmed.

So, in the end, go with what you want. Don't ask us, we're just a bunch of tards. :D

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

PS3.

@Garnett - You do understand that 3 million out of 30 million is 10%?

10% failure rate for a video game console is fucking pathetic. I'm sure most of the issues have been solved, but the E47(?) issue is not blown out of proportion. MS needs to step up to the plate and deliver a reliable console next generation, bause even another 30 million 360's, not a single one of which breaks, would still keep the falure rate at 5%.

perpride said:
PS3.

And you are probably the most useless fanboy on the forum.

*dances a bit to Bobby Darin*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Hmmm, Wussbox 360 or PenisEnhancer 3?

That is a tough choice.

Ever heard about the red ring of death?

In one years time it will happen to you.

Game on!

YOU...   WILL...   LEARN...   DISCIPLINE!

PlayStation 3 is soon to make you her bitch

rocketpig said:
perpride said:
PS3.

And you are probably the most useless fanboy on the forum.

*dances a bit to Bobby Darin*

ofcourse. cause coming into the thread, derailing it and joining this fanboy flame war would have been much better than a straight answer to the OP? Then I guess I'll contribute more.

OP - PS3. Why? Two reasons:

Better hardware: Blu Ray alone justifies its extra price for me. The consoles comes with built in wireless. You will not get a RROD. The failure rate on the PS3 is nowhere near that of 360 as far as I understand. You get the option of upgrading yourself to 1080p with 7.1 surround sound. It comes with all the wireless media capabilities that 360 comes with (and more?). PlayStation Network is FUCKING FREE!

Better Software: The gaming library of the PS3 pretty much speaks for itself at this point. You can probably tell that by the fact that even 360 fanboys don't just disregard thh software line-up anymore. MGS4 is the best game I've ever played. Games like Killzone 2, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Warhawk, R&C, Resistance are experiences that you will never get on 360. There are as many amazing multiplats like RE5, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Lost Planet, GTAIV and Fallout 3 to keep you constantly coming back. Trust me, you will laugh when you are playing RE5, Lost Planet and GTAIV online knowing there are other people who pay a monthly fee to get that experience.

any input rocketpig?

Around the Network

there is room for both!

but 100% 360 its a better system better games!

OP - PS3. Why? Two reasons:

Better hardware: Blu Ray alone justifies its extra price for me.

NOT FOR EVERYONE IT SEEMS :-S IM TOTALY NOT BOTHERED ABOUT BLUE RAY.

The consoles comes with built in wireless. You will not get a RROD. The failure rate on the PS3 is nowhere near that of 360 as far as I understand.

MY FRIEND HAS HAS 3 PS3 SO FAR! THE FINAL ONE WASNT COVERED BY WARRANTY AND NOW HE HAS TO PLAY TO GET A REPLACEMENT.

You get the option of upgrading yourself to 1080p with 7.1 surround sound. It comes with all the wireless media capabilities that 360 comes with (and more?). PlayStation Network is FUCKING FREE!

XBOX LIVE IS MUCH BETTER I DONT THINK PEOPLE REALLY MISS A FEW$ PER MOUNTH FOR XBL. PSN IS BORING NOT ALL GAMES EVEN HAVE ACHIEVEMENTS, THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE ON XBL, MORE FEATURES SUCH AS D,L MOVIES NET FLIX ETC. ALSO BECAUSE YOU PAY FOR XBL IT GIVES MS THE POWER TO BY EXCLUSIVES AND EXTRA CONTENT. COMMUNITY GAMES.

Better Software: The gaming library of the PS3 pretty much speaks for itself at this point.

NO... SO FAR IT HAS BEEN A LET DOWN... THE PS3 IS ONLY JUST GETTING DECENT GAMES HOWEVER MGS4, KZ ARE NOT ANYTHING DIFFERENT. THE 360 HAS SO MANY BETTER GAMES FABLE, HALO,HALO WARS, MASS EFFECT, LOST ODERSEY, GEARS OF WAR, ALAN WAKE, FALL OUT 3 RUN BETTER ON 360 AND HAS EXTRA CONTENT, GTA LOST EXTRAS WITCH MAKES THE GAME LAST ALOT LONGER, LOST PLANET 2, BLUE DRAGON, BANJO KAZOOIE, BANJO KAZOOIE 1+2 XBLA, VIVA PINATA, PROJECT GOTHEM RACING, FORZA2 AND MOOORRREEE

i wouldn't buy a ps3 at the moment we will see in another year right now its not up to same level. The controller is also crap for shooting games! great if you want to play a fighter but otherwise its useless.

sly777 said:
FKNetwork said:
sly777 said:
matt247 said:
The 360 is the best for your needs

Why are you saying that with no argument ?

What are your reasons for picking a PS3 over a 360 or sticking with the Wii?

maybe brighter future... the 2 consoles seem barely equal.

They are equal. I have both. Right now, the PS3 is being used as a internet browser. Not playing the 360 until UFC Undisputed. You can't really go wrong with either.

the ps3 has lots of good games out at the moment and lots more coming this year so if you want a console purley for games i would choose ps3 but id wait a bit as the price will proberly drop soon

Now playing: Gta4(ps3)I live in hope that one day cross game voice chat will come to the ps3

Why buy a PS3? One good reason, its called Playstation and that makes it better for people who can't make up their mind for themselves as they can just choose the brand they know.

Tease.