By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories announced for Wii

Day 1 purchase, the 1st Silent Hill was the best one (IMHO), and this reimagining sounds way better than another RE on rails (which I will probably also buy eventually).

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network
famousringo said:
A running and hiding horror game? Fuck yeah! I'm definitely on board now.

Agreed. Some of my most fun moments/memories in games have been running and hiding.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Skeptical since SH has been getting worse and worse since 3.

ESP how V was terrible.

famousringo said:

A running and hiding horror game? Fuck yeah! I'm definitely on board now.

I second your "Fuck Yeah!". (And I'll be really pissed if this ends up as an elaborate April Fool's Joke.)

Maybe it's because I haven't played many Silent Hill games, but this is exactly what I wanted. I've only played Silent Hill 2 (Which I liked) and Silent Hill: Homecoming. (Which I didn't like.) In both games I found combat just clunky and annoying, and in both games I wound up running past everything I could towards the end of the game simply because I didn't want to bother fighting anything.

I think one of the big barriers for video games, as a media is a refusal to step out of certain comfort zones that appeal to traditional gamers but annoy or detract everyone else. I liked Silent Hill 2 because of the interesting story, exploring the creepy town, the atmosphere the town and monsters created, and solving tricky puzzles. I didn't like fighting things. It was slow, it wasn't scary, and it always felt unnecessary. Fighting monsters is a pretty familiar staple of video games, so my guess is that's why it's there. I didn't like Mirror's Edge because of the annoying baddies with guns and the terrible storyline used to justify them. I would of preferred you just run around on rooftops and didn't have to worry about assholes shooting me, but people trying to kill you is another video game staple that appeals to the core crowd.

I was actually kind of meh on this announcement (And I'm still paranoid it's a joke), but the tidbits noname posted have perked my interest.

My .... There's Apple garbage on this game!!!!!

TAKE IT AWAY!!!! TAKE IT AWAY!!!!!

Around the Network

no combat can be good thing if it is done right, like clock tower, really interested to see how this game will turn out

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Sounds really cool.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

i was hyped for this, until i read that theres no combat. Hopefully climax can make it as good as origins.

Other scan..... the city looks ..... GREAT...

Look at that guy .... of course he can't stand a fight!!

Would of been cool if it was a Silent Hill Kart Racer.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D