By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Oh.. Microsoft.. I am sorry but..

I loved my Xbox360, we got along.. I just.. I dunno.. Times have changed.. don't hate me for favoring a console over another and don't start the flaming yet, I just have a few questions. 

Why is one of the largest and most prosperous companies charging its costumers a subscription fee for LIVE ? I mean you'd think Microsoft would have these super powerful servers (more superior than Nintendo and Sony), yet they charge us ? You may say the online service is great, but I really didn't see a drastic difference between it and the PSN that would justify fees.

This might have been posted before, and if it has, my bad.

I guess this console generation didn't have the magic and "feel" of the generation of N64, PSX and Saturn.

/end rant

Understanding is the key.

Around the Network

Selling/sold your 360? And the primary reason was the cost of Live fees? Not the most common reason for ditching a console, but I don't miss the cost personally. And yeah, PSN is close to Live in alot of ways. Still not as good, but more than good enough for me.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Yes, this exact topic has been posted and talked about countless times before. But it is really very simple... that xbl fee makes a TON of money for Microsoft.

I do agree they should attempt to differentiate themselves from the PSN to justify the fee though.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Old thread is old.

Spend some time in the MS forums, this argument and thread has been made many and it has never actually been interesting.

To save everyone a headache, I'm just going to lock this now.

I spend more on Starbux coffee in a week than on Xbox live in a year, don't see what the issue is with $50 per year?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Isn't Sony charging developers for bandwidth now? That can possibly turn away developers from making online games and bring them to 360.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

twesterm is awesome.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence