By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - FIFA 08 PC demo impressions.

I've just downloaded the demo of FIFA 08 for PC. Here we have six teams to play with, Barcelona, Manchested United. Marseille, AC Milan, Red Bull and America. As usual on these kind of demos, you can't adjust any setting of the game. Also it advertises a better manager mode and "create formations", but you can't check them out. I guess the formation thing is like in PES, were you could adjust everyone's position.

Starting with the game there is the first big flaw. It still uses the f**king PS2 engine instead of the PS3/360 one. The looks of the players model and lighting are marginally better, but seriously, why are they still using the PS2 engine? How much would cost you EA, to port the 360/PS3 engine to PC? Like $1000 bucks? Is that too much?

The good ol' PS2 engine 

On the things that have improved are, like I said, the looks of the player. They resemble more to their real life counterparts. Well, at least on the most famous and known players.

That's... Motta I think. And there's Rooney too. The others? Um... 

Following the improvements, the AI doesn't seem as stupid as in past games. You require smarter plays to score, and, at least in the demo, the AI doesn't eats the same trick twice. Also the AI creates more complex plays.

Damn it van der Sar

On the audio thing, is your usual FIFA quality. Not much room for improvement. The chants of the teams still sound good.

The demo doesn't gives you much sight of the new features of the game. Supposedly now you have manual control of the long passes and through balls with the control sticks, but unfortunately I don't have a joypad with them ATM. Also, now you can share your replays with friends... but if you have Fraps you can do the same.

So that's it. It's interesting EA is (still) not using the resources available to give the PC players a better experience. I know it's a demo and that you can't adjust visuals and such, but its just obvious. I don't have high hopes for the PC version anymore. We'll see how ends the Wii/360/PS3 versions, (360/PS3 demos will be available soon), but I think I will completely skip this one and wait for Pro Evolution Soccer. 

Around the Network

Have any links to good places to download it? I of course am just being a lazy bastard and could go find them myself but it would be nice to have them in one place for anyone interested =)

To Each Man, Responsibility

Here here http://www.gamershell.com/download_20852.shtml

Now, I'm waiting for PES demo. Or pics or something.

Sweet, thanks.

PS - I actually wasn't being so much lazy earlier as not having time since I really needed to be leaving =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

yo fazz, do you know if the wii version has classic control support?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man