By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Everything WWE Thread

more info:

http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1243796438&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&

Multiple sources believe that Ken Kennedy's release from World Wrestling Entertainment was a decision made by Vince McMahon after Kennedy came close to injuring WWE champion Randy Orton during a 10 man tag that closed out last Monday's Raw.

During the bout, Kennedy nailed a back suplex that dropped Orton dangerously on the collar bone he broke several years back. Orton immediately began pounding the mat in anger. During the finishing sequence of the bout, Orton grabbed Kennedy and snapped him down hard with a RKO, which led to Kennedy grabbing at his wrist after hitting the mat.

The belief among many was that Orton had complained about Kennedy's work. Vince McMahon agreed and it was seen as a "last strike" on Kennedy, who had spent a good part of his tenure out with injuries and suspensions. I was told the decision was one made by McMahon himself, but it also shows the level of stroke Orton now has within the company as Manu was let go after Orton voiced his concerns about his work and attitude as well.

WWE had high hopes for Kennedy as a performer and they wanted him to get over as a star. They never would have planned to book him into a storyline where he would have been revealed to be Vince McMahon's illegitimate son and eventual McMahon family member if they didn't intend for him to get over. His Wellness suspension killed that. They never would have had Kennedy go over at Wrestlemania 23 in the Money in the Bank match if they didn't plan WWE title run for him on the Smackdown brand. Injuries curtailed that. They never would have showcased him in the Behind Enemy Lines film if they didn't have faith in him. In the end, whether it was bad luck or bad karma for some of the things Kennedy said publicly, things never worked out and never clicked. Monday was just the latest example of that.

Kennedy has gone public noting that he is "100% healthy" to get the word out that he wasn't released because of any injuries. I've been told he is "furious" about the reports of his injury, which we noted was not expected to keep him out of the ring. In speaking out regarding the injury, however, Kennedy brings silent credence to the Orton situation.

As irony has it, all of the Raw promos running on the USA Network are promoting Kennedy since they were produced and put into rotation before Kennedy's release.

For those are asking about TNA, I am under the impression that there's some sort of interest but Kennedy wouldn't be able to work there until September without waiving his 90 day no compete with WWE.

Around the Network

Mr Kennedy is gone!? Holy crap!

^^^

its CRAZY, absolutely mental

kennedy was it for me, now im sad as hell

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

STABLEWARS UPDATE

I'm down to #96. Half the superstars I chose aren't even wrestling right now, so I'm kind of disappointed. Shelton Benjamin has lost 7 of his last 8 matches, which is extremely pathetic. John Morrison is the only one holding my squad up.

On-topic: That Kennedy wrist video above was funny. I didn't figure a potential star of his caliber would be released, but hey, politics.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I'm back!

Kennedy was mainly around during the period where I watched far less wrestling (2002/2003-summer 08). However, I did keep up with things a little and liked kennedy despite him seeming like wrestlings version of the one hit wonder.

Also, after being in the 180-220 range for most of the competition, I feel hard down to 299 in stable wars.

Also, after seeing the results/reading some reviews, I was a little shocked by extreme rules. Bati got the strap, as did dreamer. I'm sure both won't have long reigns (with dreamer being awful in standard wrestling matches and Bati being injured).

I hoped Punk would cash in the money in the bank against a face and that happened which was sweet.

Around the Network

stablewars time!

looks like my support after trade week for the Hart legacy paid off, my team still sucks but I'm hovering at 200-ish

I found this cool program:

http://www.exeventgames.com/faq.php

I may try to use it to predict one of the next PPvs if anyone is interested.

Anyone watching WWE this week? I was bored during Raw (which has gotten pretty stale after Wrestlemania) but ECW and Smackdown? Holy shit, those guys are putting on one hell of a show! CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Edge, Christian, and Jack Swagger are the highlights of my wrestling week.

ECW has been truly awesome lately, its a shame that they guys on the other shows aren't trying as hard as those guys are.

^^^

problem with raw is its just overloaded with guys whove fueded for years now

orton, legacy, batista, flair, cena, big show, hhh

all those guys have fueded it seems for 3 years, and now theyre doing another year of it

only a few guys to keep it fresh like mvp, kingston, and kendrick. but so far they have no main events.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889