By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

^^ Very true, especially as most official playstation maagazines like to grade their multiplatform titles 1 point higher ...

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
seece said:
BladeOfGod said:
seece said:
BladeOfGod said:
another year where PS3 will have the highest quality lineup

Another year of PS3 fans claiming its their year but with no facts, nothing changes

you might wanna check the first post of the thread...

And that proves how this comment is true exactly? "another year where PS3 will have the highest quality lineup"

This is the 2008 list:

1. PS3 with 23 titles (6 exclusive)
  2. 360 with 21 titles (2 exclusive) 
  3. PC with 17 titles (9 exclusive)
  4. NDS with 7 titles (5 exclusive)
  5. Wii with 5 titles (2 exclusive)
  6. PSP with 3 titles (3 exclusive)

Oh look PS3 won 2008!!!

And its winning 2009 with 9 games with metacritic above 85% while 360 has 5 games with metacritic above 85% and PC has 8 games with metacritic above 85%

It won 2008 based on arbitrarily chosen - and frankly meaningless - conditions. Instead of using 85 as the cutoff point, try using 84. Guess what: now the 360 wins! Or try using 86 as the cutoff point: the 360 wins again! As I posted in the original 2008 thread about this, these comparisons prove absolutely nothing. Applying just a little bit of rationality, it becomes clear that the two consoles had nearly identical quality in terms of 2008 releases. Which library library actually "won" came down entirely to personal preference.

(Also, I got 22 different 360 titles at 85+ for 2008 when I did my Metacritic searches.)

Sony go Sony go Sony

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

BTW I love how 360 fanboys are trying to deny the fact that even with the numbers PS3 had more quality games. (Exclusives) and Seece the whole PS Magazine argument can be used on the Xbox Mag as well. Stop the fanboyism really its getting sickening.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
BTW I love how 360 fanboys are trying to deny the fact that even with the numbers PS3 had more quality games. (Exclusives) and Seece the whole PS Magazine argument can be used on the Xbox Mag as well. Stop the fanboyism really its getting sickening.

Actually no it can't, and you should practice what you preach kid.

Around the Network

I hope to see more new IP's , [Prototype] is great and also Imfamous.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Hi all!

Sorry for the lack of update last week. Real life snuck up and bit me hard, but I'm back again and ready to get this baby sorted again. So, let's look to the changes first:

• Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on NDS drops slightly from 94 to 93.
  • BlazBlue Calamity Trigger for the PS3 hits the chart with a Metascore of 92 derived from 10 reviews.
  • BlazBlue Calamity Trigger for the 360 also storm onto the chart with a Metascore of 90 derived from 10 reviews.
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for the Wii debues with an impressive 89 secures from 18 reviews.
  • Fight Night Round 4 for the PS3 enters the chart with 19 reviews and a Metascore of 89.
  • Boom Blox Bash Party for the Wii creeps up to 87 from 86.
  • Little King Story for the Wii slips to 87 from 88.
  • Fight Night Round 4 for the 360 enters the chart with 31 reviews and a Metascore of 87.
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica on the PS3 heads down to 86 from 87.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for the NDS enters the charts with a shakey Metascore of 85 drawn from just 13 reviews.
  • Red Faction: Guerilla for the PS3 falls to a dangerous 85 from 86.
  • inFamous for the PS3 finally stumbles from the chart to 84 from 85.

So, the chart changes greatly again, with the 360 climbing fast to second place:

1. PS3 with 10 titles (3 exclusive)
  2. 360 with 7 titles (1 exclusive)
  3. PC with 6 titles (4 exclusive)
  4. Wii with 6 titles (3 exclusive)
  5. NDS with 3 titles (3 exclusive)
  6. PSP with 0 titles

However, as always, the titles forthcoming spell an interesting time ahead, especially for the PC which may soon take second from 360 again:

• Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- 360 -- 89 -- 8 reviews
  • Comet Crash -- PS3 -- 86 -- 6 reviews
  • Dawn of Discovery -- PC -- 89 -- 8 reviews
  • Demon's Souls -- PS3 -- 87 -- 4 reviews
  • EVE Online: Apocrypha -- PC -- 89 -- 8 reviews
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong -- NDS -- 85 -- 6 reviews
  • Might Flip Champs -- NDS -- 85 -- 4 reviews
  • Street Fighter IV -- PC -- 93 -- 4 reviews
  • PixelJunk Eden Encore -- PS3 -- 86 -- 4 reviews

See you all next week!

Wii with 6 titles (3 exclusive)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/secretofmonkeyislandspecialedition (I think it's secured)
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/worms2armageddon (could go either way)
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/splosionman (one to watch)
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/battlefield1943 (on edge)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

im sayin my favorite games that r on the list are gears 2 and lbp but thats just me

XxNighthawk22xX said:
im sayin my favorite games that r on the list are gears 2 and lbp but thats just me

they are not on the list