By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Good Commodore 64 Games

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2991

According to Nintendo's clues, Commodore 64 on the Virtual Console is going to be released later today in the US. I have never played a Commodore 64 before so in anticipation can anyone tell me what the best games for the system are?

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network

My favorite C 64 Games were Katakis, Turrican and the last ninja games.

Maniac Mansion, Zack Mckraken( mis-spell?), Hardball*, Summer Games I&II, Winter Games, World Games, California Games, Impossible Mission, Karateka, Way of the Exploding Fist, Ultima series, Archon, Droids, and many more I'm missing.

* Hardball, along with many others I skipped on purpose, were great for their time, but perhaps not so much now. Hardball was a baseball game with excellent game-play and graphics, but had only 2 teams! Hope this list helps a bit.

-edit- I screwed-up. It's Paradroid, not Droids. Thanks to Plaupius for the correct name.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

hentai_11 said:
My favorite C 64 Games were Katakis, Turrican and the last ninja games.

Can't believe I forgot Turrican.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Spellbound.

Around the Network

Mhh. There are so many good C64 games. :O

Archon,defender of the crown,pirates,ultima,bards tale,sim city,test drive,pool of radiance... and a lot more. Aww.

I'll add Allykat, Ghostbusters, Arkanoid, Paradroid, Beach Head, Law of the West, M.U.L.E., Raid over Moscow, Skyfox, Silent Service, Silkworm, Wizball, Battle Through Time.

And I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Druid
Captured
Green Beret
Hades Nebula
Usagi Yojimbo
International Karate
Battleships
Delta
Armalyte
Uridium
Arc of Yesod
Exile
Beach Head
Pit Stop 2
Barbarian
Sentinel
Game Over 2
Slap Fight
Leaderboard
Creatures
Armageddon Man
Aztec Challenge
Secret Armour of Antiriad
Black Lamp
Blue Max
Bombuzal
SHUMP CONSTRUCTION SET
Doctor Who and the Mines of Terror
Exolon

There's much more, but try these for beginning.

My personal favorites are Karnov, Raid on Bungeling Bay, Track and Field, Potty Pigeon, and Seven Cities of Gold

KylieDog said:
He ask for good games, I've seen about 2 listed so far.

It's not our fault your taste is lacking.