By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 and Heavenly Swords advertised on Heroes

I dont know if anyone watches the NBC show Heroes, but something in Monday's episode caught my eye. Micah, one the "heroes" on the show, was playing Heavenly Swords ON THE PS3 with his mom. I know it was just a demo but it was a smart move by Sony because it showcased the graphical power other than haveing a babys face melt or a rubix cube explode. Looks like they found a nice plug plus his mom played it with him. this looks like Sony could be tryin to tell familys that the Wii isnt the only system familys can play together as a family. At least thats what i got out of it

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Around the Network

haha, i'm not sure i would want my ten year old playing an M rated game with god of war-like violence. i'm not sure i'd want to emulate anything about Micah's family. anyway, it seems like a good move by Sony and the game looks great. I still have pretty low expectations for it because it seems too much like God of War for its own good. Hopefully Sony releases a demo of it after GDC

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Yeah I saw that, I didn't know for sure that was it, but I figured as much. It looked amazing. 10x better then seeing those really lame generic graphics they usually use in shows. I wonder if they paid to get that put in there.

more than likely so. Heroes is kinda popular. Ill just come out and say it. propbably paid a pretty good sum for the 10 second spot. plus it was sony's night that night with spiderman 3 thrown in for good measure

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Yes, I can tell you with absolute certainty, that they paid for it. Anytime you see a product like that in a tv show or movie, it was paid for. It's called 'product placement,' and it's a very common marketing tool. In fact, you probably see thousands of these 'ads' every year without even knowing. When used correctly, it isn't obvious and you might not even realize it. The goal is subconscious advertisement of a given product. Actually, sometimes the goal is just to come right out and say it. The Heinekin plugs in Austin Powers come to mind.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Around the Network

Yeah, I saw that right away. My wife that i was a dumbass for getting all "wow did you see that". Heavenly Sword looks like a game I *might* consider buying a ps3 for. On a side not, isn't Heros an f'ing awesome show?

Sintinel said: Yes, I can tell you with absolute certainty, that they paid for it. Anytime you see a product like that in a tv show or movie, it was paid for. It's called 'product placement,' and it's a very common marketing tool. In fact, you probably see thousands of these 'ads' every year without even knowing. When used correctly, it isn't obvious and you might not even realize it. The goal is subconscious advertisement of a given product. Actually, sometimes the goal is just to come right out and say it. The Heinekin plugs in Austin Powers come to mind.
Considering that that scene is supposed to take place before 11/8/2006, playing PS3 definitely breaks the timeline (unless Uncle Hiro got him one from the future ). So, for sure that was product placement