By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outsells Xbox 360 about 3 to 1 in europe

This is not the US. [Europe’s] quite different from the US in terms of market shares.” said Reeves. “…PS3 outsells Xbox 360 about 3 to 1. PS2 outsells Xbox 360 by 4 to 1…. In Japan, Xbox 360 does nothing
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6931&Itemid=2

Around the Network

Oops. NVM.

DonWii said:
Isn't he the one that said the PS2 is outselling the Wii in every Major Market?

That was Jamie McDonald.

O yea its sources are from sony, let me guess, its cause of their superior lineup and superior 4D graphics? And sony also said ps2 is outselling wii in every market? wow sony is just dominating, if this is right vg charts is way off i guess and sony is right like always

It is outselling in europe and japan, but not US and it will take more if they hope to overcome xbox.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

If you compare launch sales to ordinary sales, there will always be a huge difference. It's really a very unfair comparison. Thankfully, the charts have the 'align launches' feature to cut through this BS.

Around the Network

Well ,he may be exxagerating ,but I think he isnt far from the reality at least in continental Europe .Here its easy to see in the stores the difference between 360 and PS3 .The PS3 is selling .Slowly if you want ,faster since the Starter Pack but lets say slowly .360 doesnt sell .At all .Thats the difference here .

In fact I think the 360 numbers for Europe are overtracked .The 360 has sold and continues selling 900 consoles in my country week after week since launch (and excepting the launch and christmas period of course ) but this site suddendly starts putting some 1600 weekly because no reason.

Then UK readress the situation a bit ,with the 360 doing very good there and somewhat better than the PS3 .

But in general I think the PS3 sells way better in Europe .Its enough to speak with some retailers or take a look at the stores to understand that .

"“We don’t like to set ourselves up and say we’re going to great, but then don’t. We just don’t say anything. We deal in numbers.”"

lol

It's probably like, since the PS3 launch they've sold 3 times what the 360 sold since that time.

And since at the PS3 launch, 360 had about 2.8million and now has 3.3 million (500k sold) and the PS3 is about 1.3 million, hey that's almost 3 times as much! Let's say we're outselling the 360 3:1 now!

Cutting the publicity and exxagerations from the truth ,we have some interesting data here .

After Reeves the Starter Pack has signified a permanent 60% increase in sales for the PS3

Here is the excerpt

"We’re not announcing anything at Leipzig about price cuts. We’re very happy with the situation we’ve got with starter packs. [The starter pack] has been on the market for three weeks and we’ve got a 60 percent increase on a sell-through basis. We’re very happy with that.”"

Now thats some concrete data .

You do know what sell-through means, don't you?