By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Platium Hit: Mass Effect (Only On Xbox) - Publisher: Microsoft

New Platium Hit: Mass Effect

Set 200 years in the future in an epic universe, Mass Effect places gamers in a vast galactic community in danger of being conquered by a legendary agent gone rogue. A spectacular new vision from legendary developers BioWare, Mass Effect challenges players to lead a squad of freedom fighters as they struggle against threatening armies to restore peace in the land.

Mass Effect is the first in a trilogy of games with an overarching story. As the first human Specter – sworn defenders of galactic peace – your mission is to halt the advancing armies of a legendary agent gone rogue. But as you lead your elite team across hostile alien worlds, you will discover the true threat is far greater than anyone imagined.

This two-disc edition collects the original Mass Effect together with its Bring Down the Sky expansion pack. Also included is a bonus disc with behind-the-scenes material -- featuring a making-of documentary, music, art galleries and trailers.

Price: $19.99

Could Microsoft really smack the Only on Xbox logo on this if a PS3 port was in development? Microsoft are still the publisher and there is no sign of the EA logo. Maybe the publishing rights were only passed over for the PC ports?

Around the Network

I'm not sure why they put the tag on it anyway cause it's on PC, but Microsoft has the full publishing rights for consoles and funded the original game so EA can't make a port of the original for PS3.

Not to sound like a fanboy, but platinum hits... bit of a copy from sony? Oh well anyway maybe ur right, but I doubt the first one will come to ps3, but apparently there is a good chance the 2nd one is.

while MS own the publishing rights they can put close to what the wish on the cover

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Ahhh I just bought it on Monday for 40€

Welcome to my life.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
cheese_man said:
Not to sound like a fanboy, but platinum hits... bit of a copy from sony? Oh well anyway maybe ur right, but I doubt the first one will come to ps3, but apparently there is a good chance the 2nd one is.

Microsoft has been using the "Platinum Hits" label since some time in the first or second year of the first Xbox's life. Not sure how long Sony has been doing their's. But who cares, it's just a way to show off discounted games.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

There ain't no way ME1 is coming to the PS3. no way, no how.
You can quote me on that lol.
Although it does raise an interesting point, if it's on PC too, how can it be "Only on Xbox 360"? don't PC games get reduced prices too?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

dreamcast210
Sony have been doing it from around the second year of the PS1's life. Considering platinum is about the amount units sold i think we can let them off

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

I hate platinum hits box art, boxes, in every way, shape and form.

It's nice to be able to get the games cheaper, but why make the packaging look cheap? It's not like it costs any less by changing it.

It makes me not want to buy it and go out of my way to get the original versions.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
dreamcast210 said:
cheese_man said:

Microsoft has been using the "Platinum Hits" label since some time in the first or second year of the first Xbox's life. Not sure how long Sony has been doing their's. But who cares, it's just a way to show off discounted games.

Platinum is used in PAL regions for their version of this...although they did do it first in 1996 (or 97) I think. Sony USA has 'Greatest Hits' and Sony Japan has 'The Best'

Platinum does sound much cooler but they could have found their own name for them. 'Golden Hits' would have done

Hmm, pie.