By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are Market Timers?

So I just got a note in the mail suggesting that my mutual fund company made illegal moves with market timers to screw people like me out of money.

What are market timers anyway?

And what are "Sticky Assets" for which these deals were traded for.

I mean it sounds like, these market timers invested in the mutual funds on the condition that the mutual fund guys sold certain assets at a certain time to have an exchange in money making...

or something weird like that.

Around the Network

Market timing is the strategy of making buy or sell decisions of financial assets (often stocks) by attempting to predict future market price movements. The prediction may be based on an outlook of market or economic conditions resulting from technical or fundamental analysis. This is an investment strategy based on the outlook for an aggregate market, rather than for a particular financial asset.

Rnfmonline said:
Market timing is the strategy of making buy or sell decisions of financial assets (often stocks) by attempting to predict future market price movements. The prediction may be based on an outlook of market or economic conditions resulting from technical or fundamental analysis. This is an investment strategy based on the outlook for an aggregate market, rather than for a particular financial asset.

Hm, i really can't figure out what this is about then? 

Inside trading maybe?

Kasz216 said:
Rnfmonline said:

Inside trading maybe?

I really don't have a clue m8, I just copied that paragraph off wikipedia.

Rnfmonline said:
Kasz216 said:
Rnfmonline said:

Inside trading maybe?

I really don't have a clue m8, I just copied that paragraph off wikipedia.

I figured, eh well.  Either way i gotta figure this out.  My finances have been messed up lately due to people.  Meh.