By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - if the ps3 and 360 were released at the same time..

i just wanted to ask, if the ps3 and 360 was released at the same time do you think the sales would be different? would either system have had an advantage over the other thus swaying ppl more than what we're experiencing now?

i'll chip in and say the exclusives sony had i think would have still remained exclusive.

Around the Network

If M$ had included HD-DVD support organically? I'm not sure you can what if this scenario to a logical conclsuion. Wii was launched along with PS3.....or shortly thereabouts....and would it be doing better or worst??? Can't say...really.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Yhea I believe so PS3 sales would be slightly higher M$ knew this it is why they launched a year ahead of its competition.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Considering PS3 has sold more in its first 2 years then the 360 has. . .

Then Nintendo would still win. With Sony in 2nd place and Microsoft 3rd.

Around the Network

the ps3 dev kit would have been finalized earlier or 360 later

blu ray would have been dropped for ps3 or hd dvd likely added to 360

the cell wouldnt have been ready for ps3 or 360 would have had a well designed machine.

ps3 costs would have been even higher (or a completely different machine) or 360 costs lower (or a different machine).

i think it would have most benefited ps3, but too many intangibles.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
the ps3 dev kit would have been finalized earlier or 360 later

blu ray would have been dropped for ps3 or hd dvd likely added to 360

the cell wouldnt have been ready for ps3 or 360 would have had a well designed machine.

ps3 costs would have been even higher (or a completely different machine) or 360 costs lower (or a different machine).

i think it would have most benefited ps3, but too many intangibles.

Umm, You take it from both sides? If the PS3 came a year early stuff wouldnt have been ready etc etc. If you make the 360 come a year later then you would have the add ons to the 360 etc etc.

However, the HD-DVD player was an after thought. The 360 wouldnt have changed much if all.

The Wii would be at 55-60% market share, because it wouldn't have had the third party game drought for core gamers and more would have bought that system. Sony and Microsoft would both be doing poorly, but the Xbox 360 would have been more powerful than the PS3.

Tease.

If the 360 was delayed until the PS3's release, RROD would not have happened, which would have helped boost 360 sales and thus there would be no real difference

If the PS3 had been released earlier, it would have been more expensive, and likely plagued with hardware problems. Thus there would be no real difference

PS3 still would have been $599 US dollars at launch