By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Aquarium hobbyist? Anybody but me here?

Might be an unusual topic but I thought it would be interesting to see how many of you there are on this site. :D

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I had a 10 cent goldfish live for like 3 years, other than that i don't have any other aquarium related stories.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Meh, my granddad keeps one and the fish keep dieing/killing each other. Seems like an expensive hobby, imo.

SamuelRSmith said:
Meh, my granddad keeps one and the fish keep dieing/killing each other. Seems like an expensive hobby, imo.

Seems like he is putting incompatible fish together which happens sometimes.   

As for the price it all depends on the type of fish you want. You can have nice fish for a good price and it is not as hard to take care of as some might think.

It is actually really fun to take care of. Watching them protect there territory, mating or giving birth. One can start of with “easy to take care of fish” like the swordtail or guppy   

swordtail

guppy

And in time one can start with other kinds of fish that need a more experienced person like the angelfish, discus, elephantfish

Angelfish

Discus

elephantnose fish

Black Ghost

I used to have few goldfish, but didn't really take any special care of them. My brother however had various fish, he atm. has 2 telescope goldfish and really takes care of them.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

Cool I had two black ones when I was about 10. They are hardy fish and are great for beginners. And they are beautiful and come in a variety of colours and forms (some long others fat and short).

He has one black and one kinda-orange-white thingy. Their names are blacky and orange (I just called them like that for fun once and he just used it :D)

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

haha well the names fit them well

Edit:

For those interested in how they look…

wow i never exepcted such a thread on a games forum but oh well : )

i kinda inherited the hobby from my father.. he used to have a lot of really big discus fish.. but got allergic to the frozen larve fodder... and .well they are really demanding in matters of diet.. water quality ,temperature.. and .pretty much everything else.. although they are also very beautiful ..if they are feeling well and dont show those black stripes on their bodies

im satisfied with a smaller aquarium.. and less demanding fish.. like.. well we call them neons.. very small.. swarm fish with shimmering red and silver scales

you can have up to 50-100 in average sized one.. looks really great .started with guppies but ..they are like underwater guinea pigs when it comes to babies : D.. but they are really resilient... this one time we bought a used tank along with fish and plants.. and the filter... and .. well the guppies showed signs of mutation! some of them had disigured fins.. and one a mouth so distorted he could never close it... turned out there was something left in the filter that didnt belong there... no uranium mind you . )

I can safely say....this isnt for me

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot